Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 10:11 AM

Re: Are you going to to have a fresh or frozen turkey ?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Same here Roxy. Can't abide the stuff and the smell it makes when cooking is nauseating.
I am the same Judd likewise chicken and when I cooked it for others it had to be with lots of herbs to help mask the smell.

Now I don't have to have it in the house
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 12:06 PM

With me it’ll be wait and see. There is an Aldi in walking distance that sells nice items so I might try and find space later in the freezer or fridge, depending what’s left/available, or what I fancy. It’s just me, and the dog.

I usually get a frozen turkey breast roast, but the nearest Sainsbury’s is now in Gt Yarmouth, unless I ask sis to have a look later after she finishes a shift. (They might not sell it though, being a smaller branch.) Or I will look in Food Warehouse nearby.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 03:54 PM

I will behaving a turkey crown this year as there will only be two of us on Christmas Day.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 04:59 PM

I love the smell of turkey roasting when I get back from church .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 08:52 PM

Two Turkey crowns ordered from Sainsbury's and ready to pick up Xmas Eve.

Mostly paid for out of the Nectar points.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 09:01 PM

We aren't keen on turkey. I usually do a fresh joint of pork for my husband, son and my Dad (I hate pork) and I also cook a fresh chicken. We'll get it from our local farm shop.

It's funny, I don't like pork at all yet I like bacon wrapped round my chicken? I'm an oddball me
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I never buy a whole turkey as no-one likes the leg meat - so my butcher does me a fresh 'crown' - which reminds me - I had better put in an order!
I usually get a crown. They do some nice ones in M&S with different flavours.

Probably just a Quorn roast this year though.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 09:55 PM

My turkey roast is in the freezer. I adore pork and smelt it cooking from the pub the other night. The smell was divine.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top