Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Re: Raising a glass

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
if I'm having a celebratory meal like birthday or anniversary, then yes.
Cheers Apricot *clink*
Why thank you Lion , cheers back to you *Clink*
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 06:36 PM

Oh........ You use glasses?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
If the occasion requires a toast - birthday/anniversary or something - then yes, I would certainly raise a glass and clink it - makes it more of a celebration!
Same here. Just for special occasions such as meeing up with friends we haven't seen for a while, certainly not at home.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
When you sit around the table for a meal do you clink glasses & make a toast
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes to always clinking glasses. Sometimes to making a toast, depends on the occasion although it's not always a special occasion. Sometimes to thank someone. Meals and drinks are as special as you make them. IMO it's nice to make every group meal special.
Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes we always clink glasses and say cheers.....actually my little grandson Stanley does it to excess and raises his fruit shoot saying cheers to the whole restaurant if you give him chance
Yes, we always raise (not clink) glasses and make a toast (not always the same one) .....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:25 PM

"Absent Friends" is a must have, at Christmas.

(There are, probably, more of them than us!)

We also have a little speech and the raising of glasses for whoever does the cooking.

My lot always pass the Port, one way, and the Sherry, the other way.(some will know where that came from)

One of the youngest, in turn, always carries the flaming Pudding in whilst we sing "We wish you a merry Christmas, etc"

There'll only be 18 here, this year, but they've all done the Pudding carrying in their time.

Not ones for tradition here!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top