Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 07:29 PM

Re: Queens Speech

It seems more don"t than do .
I am in tune with the former ,honestly ,all a bit same old ,same old .
Give Charlie a chance I say ,most earnestly !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 08:54 PM

No - even if I owned a TV - I still wouldn't have it on over Christmas - too much else to enjoy.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No - even if I owned a TV - I still wouldn't have it on over Christmas - too much else to enjoy.
Same here Silver .
x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 09:49 AM

Won't be watching it, nor will I be on OFF on Christmas Day. I'll be enjoying time will real life family and friends.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:41 PM

Nope: Got better stuff to do at Christmas than being put to sleep by
a silly speech that means nothing , sorry
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:46 PM

We usually have it on but I don't really sit down to watch it. I think I might this year, I'm interested as to see if she is going to mention Annus Horribilus again, it has after all been a pretty crap year for the Royal Family and gossip about them.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

06-12-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We usually have it on but I don't really sit down to watch it. I think I might this year, I'm interested as to see if she is going to mention Annus Horribilus again, it has after all been a pretty crap year for the Royal Family and gossip about them.
Well I guess we all know who we have to thank for that .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:58 PM

I do remember when we were children and sat down to Christmas lunch at 3pm, we would put the television on for the Queen's Speech. It was very popular back in the 50's and 60's to do so.

Times move on of course, and since the mystery surrounding the Royals is no more, people appear to have lost the magic of seeing her on our screens once a year at Christmas speaking directly to us, her people. I'm afraid the aura of the Royals being 'special' has long disappeared.

I personally have lost a lot of respect due to the younger Royals, and along with many other people, no longer watch the Queen's Speech, although I still admire and have great respect for her alone.
I do watch when it shows a repeat of it on the news later though.

I am more looking forward to watching the Christmas Day Special of Gavin & Stacey!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 07:46 PM

Oh, is the Queen still alive? I saw that there were rumours that she had died!
Yet another day in Fake News World!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 07:51 PM

I never see it....I always mean to watch but 3pm on Christmas day is always busy for me and I forget.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top