Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:28 AM

Re: 26/5/19 Thanks to all,who have posted this morning

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, l couldn’t believe the asking price of your house. In my area, it would have commanded, at least double that is being asked for it.
I think, you should stick out for a lot more.
Hi

House prices vary so much.

Guy got more for his 2 bed inner terrace, no front garden and no parking in Bristol than I got for my 4 bed detached in Prees.

My new house cost double what it would in Stoke.

Downsizing is great when you have done it, so much more time and money for yourself.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 11:55 AM

Good luck with the viewings today, Twink.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good luck with the viewings today, Twink.
Thanks Mups!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 02:51 PM

Hi Twink, really feel for you. My brother is in the same position. He put his 4-bedroomed detached on the market in March this year as he is rattling around in it on his own and downsizing to a 3-bedroom. He couldn't believe his luck when the first couple to view put in an offer for the asking price. No Chain. They want to move in by the middle of July as she is pregnant with twins. He wasn't sure this was possible as he hadn't even started searching, but with family helping with the searches, which was rather fun, we all went to town in trying to find the perfect property. (it was he who eventually found the property he wanted)

Fortunately, he too is a cash buyer and the property is vacant (seller lives and works in London). So it's all systems go with both parties using the same local estate agent, same solicitors firm and same conveyancing team, which is making for much less stress for both parties.

It is me as big sis however doing all the paperwork involved, (he is useless with paperwork - or is very crafty!) I have lost count of the ink cartridges my poor printer has gone through printing off over a hundred pages of emailed forms to be perused, filled in and signed by him. it was endless! Still, it all seems to be going well so far, but won't count chickens for him until both parties complete.

I wish you every best wishes and success in selling your home Twink. It is a stressful time but you will get through it, and here's hoping it won't be too long before you have your feet up in your lovely new home.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I must be the only person in the world who loves moving house ....my advice which I know you didn't ask for ....do not allow the Estate agent to do all the negotiating...sorry to be a fly in the ointment but if there is any development potential in your property....be very careful of estate agents and their developer pals.

Good luck with it Twinks.....I'm so jealous...wish I were moving.
1st BIB - re moving - Nooooo, I do too summer.....
2nd BIB - re developers - snap, I thought along similar lines.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I haven't started yet!
I am not happy though, as an older couple knocked on my back door today asking if this was the house for sale. I said "Yes but all enquiries should go through the estate agent" he told me it was his daughter that was interested & she booked last week to come and see it tomorrow. The house wasn't on the market till Saturday, so I asked what time she was coming.
He said 10.30, but no arrangement had been made for viewings till 3.30 tomorrow, so I told him that couldn't be right.
There has been so much interest in the house that i think he wanted to get her in early without going through the estate agent.
Yesterday I had a couple who wanted to swap their 4 bedroom detached for mine... so I said no. They even tried to offer £25,000 more if I would!
I will speak to the estate agent tomorrow to see if they can put it "strictly by appointment only" as another man came on Saturday & I told him to speak to the estate agent.
I think the house may have been undervalued, so if I get a lot interested in buying I will see who offers the highest value.

Settle down .... don't flap Twink Lots of interest and viewings are expected when new to the market. The agent will have clients on the books wanting to be informed of newly instructed properties, so will be firing out lots of emails too. You'll probably have more when folk come back off holidays and the kids go back to school

It's separating the wheat from the chaff that's the important bit, the nonsensical nosy parkers, the ever present time wasters, those who haven't even put theirs on the market yet, but put in offers - and finally the real ones genuinely interested who could be the potential buyer/s.

I always specify 'only interested parties in a position to purchase' are given appts to view ie....
Those with nothing to sell.
If a mortgage is needed, those who have proof of a confirmed mortgage offer.
Those near completion on their sale
Finally, the prized cash buyer.

Cuts out the crap

Re your undervaluation comment.

Estate agents will know the market in your area (the honest ones), so the valuation should be in line with that. 'Scope for updating and improving' will reflect in the valuation quoted too.
Did you only get the one E.A. valuation?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 05:13 PM

Having moved 5 times already no way would I want to do it again . Must be one of the most stressful times ever and solicitors aren't much help either.

I am sure their policy is to take as long as possible to get the most money out of you.

One tip I have picked up on is to negotiate on estate agents percentage take. if they want 2.5% to sell your property say no but you will accept 1.25% to sell it, for example.

Remember 1.25% of something is worth a lot more than 100% of nothing

Did you know even if he property is in agents hands, if you find a buyer without the buyer seeing or finding out an agent is selling it, you don't have to pay agents fees. That is by seeing it advertised on a board-internet- shop-newspaper

It is a private transaction

so for example you tell a friend or they hear say by word of mouth,you are selling up and they are willing to buy, it is a private transaction and the agent can't claim their percentage of the sale. It is up to the agent to prove they sold it by way of their advert

Also if using an agent do it on a no sale no fee basis. Some may try and charge as they have spent money on advertising etc.

Do get different agents valuations and their percentage fee even the slightest difference in money in your pocket not theirs.

Don't let agents screw you out of money, play their game instead

you can speed up a sale somewhat by making sure you have any safety certificates to hand. Things like ones for windows-chimneys cleaned -electrical and gas- etc. They can slow a sale down by days

check your house value here

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:19 PM

Realspeed, so far I have had 10 people view in the last 2 days. One offered the asking price before they left, 5 have said they want it but need to sort out where to get the finance quickly enough and the last one said they would certainly offer more, to make sure they get the house.

One was a property developer who is likely to change that character of the house... so I won't sell to him.

The estate agent has said there is so much interest from people who are able to buy, that she will only allow further viewings from people who are in a position to buy financially.

Having spoken to the all , at length, I have a couple of favourites, but won't decide till I have firm offers from people who can fit into my schedule!

This is only the second house I have sold! The first one sold in 6 hours and was never advertised, and this one has only been on the market since Saturday..... so I think I know what I am doing.

The estate agent asked me if I wanted a job with them, and I have already negotiated a 0.75% charge.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:52 PM

5 all want to buy it but have to sort out the finance?
So they're not really in a strong position to buy?
Are they not cash buyers then? Or still have to sell their own property?

With my estate agent the would-be-buyer had to go into the office to show proof they were in a position to buy before any deal was considered .. and then you'll get a memorandum of sale.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

With my estate agent the would-be-buyer had to go into the office to show proof they were in a position to buy before any deal was considered .. and then you'll get a memorandum of sale.
Hi

The same with me Morti, they wanted proof of funds.

I did not need a Mortgage but had to sell mine first.

I am not moving again.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Quite correct Morty.

But the first stage should the buyer formalising the offer to the E.A. and the vendor informed after the relevant checks have been made re their position and proof of funding.

If more than one offer is received and after all negotiations and decisions as to who 'The Winner Is and At What Price' are done with and accepted, then the Letters of Confirmation or Memorandum of Sale go out to both parties, not that it's legally binding, it just shows the purchaser is serious about the offer.

Verbalising offers to the vendor can be taken as a pinch of salt unless it's backed up and formalised to the E.A.,

Otherwise it's no different to when I told Surfermom on the forum I would buy her beach side property

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top