Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:11 PM

Re: Three single sheets

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes,but not,BS!.

Quite. But if that's what floats somebody's boat, I'm not going to get in a stooshie aboot it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
From the topic heading "Three Single Sheets"

Question - Where does one keep his "Three Single Sheets?"

Answer -" In the Sheet House".

So my grandson tells me!

Your grandson is a chip off the old block then Ted!
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes,but not,BS!.

The BS was unintended Pauline
Pyxel pointed out the inference in the initials to me!

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:36 PM

I think I may inadvertently have given people the wrong impression here........

Donkeyman was referring to Besoeker quite innocently as BS...
BeSoeker.

My daft brain thought it would be funny to point out that those inadvertent initials, especially on this particular thread, were also the initials of a certain substance!

I wasn't in any way meaning to imply that Donkeyman was calling Besoeker a certain substance.

I apologise if that's how it came across.

For example, Someone might call Donkeyman DM, and I might then make a reference to giving him the boot.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->

It's nothing to do with the flush, really.

Newspaper doesn't dissolve, and it would cause blockages, especially when it gets entangled with wet wipes, cotton wool, sanitary products and nappy liners and then gets solidified by fat.

All things that should never go down the drains.

Try putting some loo paper into a basin and see how easily it dissolves, then do the same with a tissue....it takes a lot longer. Then try a piece of kitchen paper.....longer again.

Then put some newspaper into water. You'll be there forever.

Now who would want that lot down their pipes to turn into papier-mâché?

We really do need to be more respectful of our sewerage system
Well all I know is that in the 1950s, when we used newspaper hung from a string, the outside bog had never become blocked.

After many years of course, as we became less poor, we graduated to Izal.

Actually, I say graduated, but the newspaper was softer on the bum.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:13 PM

Plumbers love the people that use the triple layered toilet paper. It means more call outs for blockages and big money to be earned!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well all I know is that in the 1950s, when we used newspaper hung from a string, the outside bog had never become blocked.

Me too, JBR.

In fact I found that the Telegraph and the Express made it all happen faster, the Daily Mail was good but the stamps scratched one's bum, The Mirror showed you what you didn't need to see and the Guardian was put outside to door to stop people pushing in.

Ah! Those were the days!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Me too, JBR.

In fact I found that the Telegraph and the Express made it all happen faster, the Daily Mail was good but the stamps scratched one's bum, The Mirror showed you what you didn't need to see and the Guardian was put outside to door to stop people pushing in.

Ah! Those were the days!

To be honest, I don't remember which newspaper my dad bought, but I suspect it was the Bradford Telegraph and Argus. I still have no idea which political leanings that newspaper had or still has, but it certainly left an ink imprint on your bum.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Oh yes the strung up newspaper. Of course we didn't have an outside lavatory, ours was in the baaaaarrrrthrooom in the house.

I'm now wondering who in the family shredded up the squares and threaded them onto the string when we ran out of Izal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:12 PM

I can remember my Nan's outside loo with the newspaper on a string.

Then they started getting that square stuff - was it in a box, like a tissue box?
I think it may have been called Izal.
Awful stuff, like greaseproof paper, it was.

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top