Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 08:25 PM

Re: Sunglasses

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Thanks Omah - I really like the tortoishell ones£19 won't break the bank either.
There are several different brands available at various prices - I've linked Duco because of the range of colours but mine are more like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASVP-Shop%C...WTY61CPB5&th=1

Note that the better quality sunglasses come in different sizes .....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Don't the cops in the USA wear Ray Bans so they can't be recognised if they pull you up for driving
Haha, no,, though they do wear Ray- Bans, especially the aviators, a lot. Some highway patrolmen and police do like reflective lenses so they can look around some without detection.

Ray-Bans gained their fame from creating government-issued sunglasses for military pilots back in the 1930s.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 08:30 PM

I rarely wear sunglasses even on holiday although I have been known to.

My eyes aren't too sensitive to the sun but my husbands are, he always wears sunglasses even when the sun isn't particularly shining. He wears them when he's driving.

He suffers migraines and the brightness can trigger them.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 09:27 PM

I was told by the optician to always wear sunglasses in sunny weather as they prevent cataracts, or if you already have cataracts they will stop them getting worse.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 09:33 PM

SF - sunglasses?! You've got to have sun for those...this is the UK

I get bothered by the light sometimes, even without any sun, so resort to sunglasses occasionally, but only when I'm not driving.
My long distant glasses, which I use for driving, are react-to-light, so those help with a bright day.

I love it when I wear sunglasses in the actual sunshine (and not driving) it means I can wear them and not put any eye make up on
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 09:35 PM

I wear a pair with pale lenses when walking Chloe, not for the sun but as protection from the wind which makes my eyes run so I can't see where I am going.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 04:40 AM

I have a pair of dark sunglasess for driving which are for long vision as I'm a bit short-sighted now.
I do need another pair for reading though because ordinary sunglasses are making me squint and dizzy if I'm reading a book.
I wear tinted glasses at music concerts because of the lighting and lasers too.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:19 AM

I was given a pair of prescription sunglasses free when I bought an ordinary pair.I didn't like them,they made everything dark.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 11:49 AM

I have a pair of those clip-on sunglasses that can be tilted up or down. I think I bought them in Portugal some years ago, and they are still working properly and are very effective.

OK, when they are tilted up I look a bit of a prat, but do I care?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have a pair of those clip-on sunglasses that can be tilted up or down. I think I bought them in Portugal some years ago, and they are still working properly and are very effective.

OK, when they are tilted up I look a bit of a prat, but do I care?
I'm guessing that you don't care .....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top