Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 09:41 PM

Re: How much water in your kettle

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Same here. A great energy saver.
I'm gonna look out for one of them, which one have you got primus and our Judd?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Me too. I always fill the kettle right up and Mrs LD is always telling me off for it but I refuse to faff about with half a millimetre of water just to find out there's not enough.

And no Mups, I don't reboil it next time, I use a fresh lot.
Don't come crying to me when there's a water shortage.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm gonna look out for one of them, which one have you got primus and our Judd?
This is mine:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-Ho...s%2C165&sr=8-3
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 09:47 PM

This is mine:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-Ho...s%2C165&sr=8-3
oh I like the look of that, I havent seen those before, whre have I been? I'm a bit skint at moment but I really wouldn't mind investing in one of those, thanks for showing me, I'm gonna show my husband that. Thanks our Judd
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

04-06-2019, 09:54 PM

oh I like the look of that, I havent seen those before, whre have I been? I'm a bit skint at moment but I really wouldn't mind investing in one of those, thanks for showing me, I'm gonna show my husband that. Thanks our Judd
Depending on what your water's like in downtown d****bury, you may need to put a Steradent capsule in the tank from time to time then rinse it out to keep it clean.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2019, 10:01 PM

Depending on what your water's like in downtown d****bury, you may need to put a Steradent capsule in the tank from time to time then rinse it out to keep it clean.
Thanks for the tip, night night our Judd and everyone, moff now
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 10:03 PM

Just enough for whoever wants a drink. Mostly though, it's usually me on my own in the house, so just enough for one cup each time.

One time when I was moving, and those leccy certificates (can't remember the name) started to be a necessity, the chap asked about the kettle usage in conversation.
It was a warm house so I rarely had the CH on even for hot water (the shower was electric so didn't need water from the boiler).
Whenever I washed the pots, I figured it was economical to fill a kettle for washing up instead of the putting the boiler on for the hot water. He said 'No! that's more expensive then having water from the boiler'
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 10:24 PM

LQ, let your Hubby be, just resist the temptation to have a Smart Meter fitted.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:47 AM

How much water do you put in your kettle when you want a cuppa. For some reason my husband ALWAYS has the kettle full and there are only 2 of us. If its gone cold it will take ages to heat up therefore wasting energy but I can't get him to change his way
Do you just put enough in for a cuppa or are you like my husband and need the kettle full, I've no idea why he does it, he does suffer OCD so maybe its to do with that.
Depends what I am making. if I am making coffee I just put Instant in a cup, fill it up with milk and water, stir vigorously and bung it in the microwave for 2 minutes.

However if I anm making tea (which is most of the time) then you need the extra water to heat the pot first before adding the leaves, so even if I am using my small teapot then I need to heat at least a litre.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
But how much?
Less that 0.1 kWh.
Depending on your energy rate, likely to be less than a penny.
Not saying it's a good thing to do but there are likely other things you could do to save more.
Even on your figures, which I think are a bit low if my kettle is typical (more like 0.15kWh at 100% efficiency), and assuming 6 cups a day then at 33c/kWh (NSW rip off price) that is still $72 you could save a year on your electricity bill.

Personally I have at least 10 cups of tea a day but whether the saving is worth the effort i suppose depends on your circumstances however we are now on Level 1 water restrictions so saving water is worth the effort

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top