Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 11:54 PM

Speak softly love

Andy Williams ?????

Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:34 AM

Re: Speak softly love

Not sure what your question is!

Please expound.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:37 AM

Are you comparing his rendering with that of Matt Monro?

I must admit, the latter's is the one I always associated with the theme song...

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:47 AM

I wondered how old AW was when he recorded that. It sounds a bit querulous for him. Think I prefer the MM version .
Pyxell
South of England

23-06-2019, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I wondered how old AW was when he recorded that. It sounds a bit querulous for him. Think I prefer the MM version .
Yes, the dulcet AW tone I remember wasn't quite there. I don't think he was old when he recorded it, though. Strange.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Not sure what your question is!

Please expound.
Wasn't really a question .
I have always loved the Godfather theme tune and the thought of Andy Williams ( my mums favourite) singing to it surprised me that's all.
The music for me has sinister overtones and AW is so pullover and slacks.
Pyxell
South of England

23-06-2019, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Wasn't really a question .
I have always loved the Godfather theme tune and the thought of Andy Williams ( my mums favourite) singing to it surprised me that's all.
The music for me has sinister overtones and AW is so pullover and slacks.

I see what you mean!

I must admit, I don't really like it when an instrumental theme gets 'dialogued' and re-released as a song. Something gets lost when they do that.
Especially when it's released as a mushy love song. As you say, the sinister overtones get diluted when that happens.

One ghastly example of 'dialoguing' occurred with Anita Dobson's rendering of words to the Eastenders theme. Urgh.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->

One ghastly example of 'dialoguing' occurred with Anita Dobson's rendering of words to the Eastenders theme. Urgh.
Good grief! I am glad i have been spared that horror.
Pyxell
South of England

23-06-2019, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good grief! I am glad i have been spared that horror.
You're lucky!
Resist the temptation to google it.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 11:28 AM

I am a long time lover of The Godfather Trilogy seen it over and over again at least once a year I sit and watch it.
Do you know I still have friends and family who have not seen it.
Totally amazing that they have not taken the time to see one of the greatest gangster and love story's of all time.

I like Andy William's version because it is the one played in the movie but I also like the other version Micheal sings to his father in Sicilian.
There is so much more meaning in the song when it is done like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top