Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 12:24 PM

5 years old!

Was sent this clip...she is a 5 year old Russian girl, singing 'Oh Darling'
Unbelievable voice and presentation!

http://hutko.net/out/%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1...BB%D0%BD%D0%B0
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 01:38 PM

Re: 5 years old!

What a great performance from the youngster!

I thought she looked a lot older than 5 though as her front teeth definitely don't look like her baby teeth which children usually lose at the age of 5/6. It appears she was born in 2002.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 04:36 PM

I'm not sure that I feel altogether comfortable with children singing adult love songs, nevertheless she has an amazing voice for one so young.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 04:41 PM

She was full of confidence for her age too....
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I'm not sure that I feel altogether comfortable with children singing adult love songs, nevertheless she has an amazing voice for one so young.
I agree Alan, it just seems wrong to me.

Dolly Parton started singing when she was 9 years old though and look at her now so I suppose it would be hypocritical to condemn her for her age - not that any of us are.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 04:47 PM

I thought she looked older too, more like my nine year old grandaughter's age and size.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 04:52 PM

It's a fact that children are missing out on a childhood and growing up much too quickly these days, which is a real shame as they've the rest of their lives to be an adult but childhood will never come around again...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 05:09 PM

Very true Barry.

Back in my day (oh no I've said it again) children were children and adults were adults.

That isn't to say they didn't do things like sing or anything like that, but they didn't make a career out of it.

Back in my pre-smoking days I actually had a good voice and did sing at family get togethers when I was a child but not for one second would my parents have permitted me to do it on television, if the opportunity had arose that is.

When I was in my 20s and 30s I did actually sing at a few pubs and such but by then I didn't want to do anything with it. I didn't even get paid, I just had a few beers on the house afterwords and I was happy.

I still sing in the house with my guitar at family gatherings but I have now lost a lot of my range so there you go.

When you want to do something - you're too young, when you are old enough to do it - you don't have the time, when you have the time - you can't do it anymore.

Such is life.

So in light of that, maybe it is good that she is being given the opportunity to do it whilst she can, but I don't know...

Sorry to drone on about myself - I do that every now and again
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 10:31 AM

Sorry Odeously creepy, whatever her age the actions are much too old and suggestive, there are plenty of more suitable songs for a child to sing.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Anastasia Petrik
(8 years old) from Ukraine was the winner of the New Wave Junior Contest 2010
(Artek, Ukraine, August 2010).

She has a great future ahead of her but as mentioned that particular song was not a good choice for one so young.
http://tinyurl.com/cgpz93g

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top