Join for free
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:51 PM

Emmerdale

Getting a bit bored now with Rhona and her drugs, also her 'relationship' with Vanessa. And as for Betty's teeth - I just can't get used to them. Frightened the life out of me tonight, swear they leapt out the screen at me.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:59 PM

Re: Emmerdale

Never liked the Rhona character! Paddy seems to have become some sort of sad dimwit! I think their storyline is just a fill-in to stretch the episodes, shame I used to enjoy the Paddy / Marlon team. That thing with Betty & the plasterer was a bit odd! This whole murder thing could be made a lot more exciting, bit bland. At least the cops are more believable this time.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:00 PM

Strange thing is, I can't remember what her teeth looked like before...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Strange thing is, I can't remember what her teeth looked like before...
Exactly. They weren't that noticeable before.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 06:52 AM

Whiter than white teeth look ridiculous !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Some of the problem with Emmerdale at the moment is the unsympathetic characters, I can't care about Declan, Megan and poison dwarf, Katie, Chas, Debbie or Cameron, Rhonna or Vanessa, even Laurel is getting on my nerves at the moment and I used to love her character.

If they want the audience to watch they need to have characters we can engage with, bring in characters we can love or hate or better still love to hate - Nathan was a classic love to hate character and keep me fascinated.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:56 PM

I wonder if Betty has lost weight, which is why her teeth are more noticeable? Just guessing. I remember Richard Briers had the wrong teeth for his mouth later in his life. They were quite fascinating.

Agree with Julie. Getting fed up of most of the characters but I still watch the show avidly. I really wish Charley Webb (Debbie) would stop leaning her head to the right all the time! Either her hair is too heavy in its style, or she has a bad neck. Whatever, I keep wanting to shout out 'straighten up!'

Re the police. Why are they always so cocky?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-08-2013, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Whiter than white teeth look ridiculous !

It's not so much the whiteness Alan, it's that they are bigger than a large horses teeth.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-08-2013, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I wonder if Betty has lost weight, which is why her teeth are more noticeable? Just guessing. I remember Richard Briers had the wrong teeth for his mouth later in his life. They were quite fascinating.

Agree with Julie. Getting fed up of most of the characters but I still watch the show avidly. I really wish Charley Webb (Debbie) would stop leaning her head to the right all the time! Either her hair is too heavy in its style, or she has a bad neck. Whatever, I keep wanting to shout out 'straighten up!'

Re the police. Why are they always so cocky?
Yes, now you mention it Jazzi, I remember you are right about Richard Briers too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-08-2013, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, now you mention it Jazzi, I remember you are right about Richard Briers too.
It's funny how none of the vets seem to have much work all day either, they spend an awful lot of time in the Woolpack. Awful glad they are not my vets !

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top