Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 04:49 PM

Some good films on BBC iPlayer

For those in the UK, there are some good movies showing on iPlayer at the mo - here's the list:

101 Dalmatians
Live-action version of the Disney classic.

Bandits
Comedy. Two ex-cons embark on a spree of bank robberies, but soon fall out over a woman.

The Big Easy
A young cop and a female DA lock horns as a gang war brews in New Orleans. (R)

Billy Elliot
A boy from a mining village is sent for boxing lessons but joins ballet classes instead.

Bull Durham
Witty drama about a baseball groupie who must choose between a rookie and a veteran.

Chicken Run
Animated comedy about a band of chickens who plan a daring escape from a Yorkshire farm. (R)

Easy Virtue
An Englishman marries an American whose forthright manner disrupts his family's lifestyle.

Eight Below
Extreme conditions force two Antarctic explorers to leave their team of sled dogs behind. (R)

Flubber
Comedy. An absent-minded professor battles his arch rival for his latest invention. (R)

The Good Shepherd
The early history of the CIA is viewed through the prism of one man's life.

The Heroes of Telemark
Tale based on the Norwegian resistance's efforts to destroy a Nazi heavy-water plant.

Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco
Adventure. Three household pets are forced to fend for themselves in San Francisco.

Ingenious
Family film about three children who find a genie on a farm in Alderley Edge.

The Magic Roundabout
Adventure. Dougal must stop the evil Zeebad, who threatens to entomb the world in ice. (R)

Mary Poppins
Musical comedy. A banker's search for a nanny brings the magical Mary Poppins to his door.

Miss Potter
Drama on the life of early 20th century author Beatrix Potter, creator of Peter Rabbit. (R)
Also in BBC HD

Muppet Treasure Island
Musical adventure. The Muppets take to the high seas in search of buried treasure. (R)

On Dangerous Ground
Film noir about a tough cop sent to a small town, where he meets an affecting blind woman.

The Painted Veil
A doctor forces his unfaithful wife to go with him to China to fight a cholera epidemic.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner join forces with Captain Barbossa to save Jack.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Infamous pirate Jack Sparrow returns to seek out the mysterious Davy Jones' Locker. (R)

The Shaggy Dog
Comedy. After receiving a dog bite, a lawyer begins periodically turning into a sheepdog. (R)

The Stranger
Drama in which a federal agent is assigned to track down an escaped Nazi war criminal. (R)

The Sword in the Stone
The story of King Arthur's youth and the scholarship he receives from Merlin. (R)

They Live by Night
A criminal falls in love with the woman who nurses him back to health when he is injured.

The Tigger Movie
Disney animation. Tigger goes in search of his family tree, but soon gets lost. (R)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/categories/films/

Which ones have you seen? Which ones do you recommend?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 04:53 PM

Re: Some good films on BBC iPlayer

If you haven't seen Mary poppins - you gotta watch it Loved that when I was a child

I haven't see all the others, but have seen:

Pirates of the Caribbean - worth a watch!
Chicken Run - excellent fun!
Billy Elliot - another great British Movie we can be proud of! (never seen it until last night! - I know I'm late it's been out for years and was very hyped - just never got round to it )
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 05:01 PM

I watched Mary Poppins all through the other afternoon. It is a lovely film. Wonder what those children are doing now?

The Good Shepherd - scarey as hell. It's said to be based on truth. Very good film but .... be very afraid

Bull Durham - one of my favourite sports-based movies, thoug a little dated now

Chicken Run - good fun

Edit - It hadn't dawned on me that there were films on iPlayer. I have watched programmes I've missed but never films
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

02-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Edit - It hadn't dawned on me that there were films on iPlayer. I have watched programmes I've missed but never films
I think it's new DM - as I was surprised to see them up there myself too
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2010, 04:26 PM

Everyone do watch Eight Below it is a really excellent film. Agree with you about Billy Elliot when the Brits do it good they really do it good. Pirates of the Caribbean both of these I enjoyed but maybe I am easily pleased.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
I watched Mary Poppins all through the other afternoon. It is a lovely film. Wonder what those children are doing now?
The Boy died in 1977 at the age of 21.

The girl who is Michele Dotice sister gave up acting in the 80s
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2010, 08:34 PM

I`ve just watched La Vie en Rose, which was merde, and Moliere which was merveilleux. I can`t stand the plays of Moliere, having been forced to `do` them at school, but the story of his early life in this film made me want to go back and re-read them . It`s a bit `Shakespeare in Love` - great fun .
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 10:34 PM

just looked and found 'Cinderela man' now I will watch that later.

suits me..
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 10:39 PM

I haven't watched Cinerella Man yet but I'm a big fan of BBC iPlayer - the best of the lot in my opinion which is one of the reasons I don't begrudge the Beeb one penny of the licence fee (althought they are teetering on the limit I have to say!)

Welcome to the forum Agent
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome ben , big plus already!! Didnt know they had films on iplayer .. made my day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top