Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 03:37 PM

Property shows

I am a little addicted to the move to the country and location location type shows however getting a bit irritated with how many people on them walk into kitchens bigger than my flat and go hmmmm bit compact or a couple see a house with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms go oh it hasn't got an ensuite !
2 bathrooms that's one each how many do they need ?

Do they deliberately seek out people who want a mansion ? surely enough people around who would be easier to please ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 04:29 PM

Re: Property shows

I too like to watch such prorammes and my typical comment is " how can such young people afford a £500,000 house"?
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I too like to watch such prorammes and my typical comment is " how can such young people afford a £500,000 house"?
Because these programs are a sham they're probably out of work, bit actors not real house buyers.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 05:05 PM

I watch a few of these programs but it does annoy me somewhat as Julie has already said when they say "pity the kitchen is larger" or "its a little on the small side" some people really dont know their own good fortune when its staring them in the face!!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 05:19 PM

I dont understand the obsession with en-suite bathrooms.

Most of them are tiny and yet people think this is the height of luxury squeezing themsleves into this cramped space and on curry nights stinking out the bedroom, when just down the hall they have a lovely bathroom..

If I had an en-suite it would be strictly reserved for guests so that I didnt have to have them in my lovely big bathroom!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 05:44 PM

I used to watch them but, got fed up with the lack of imagination, they don't like the wallpaper, I remember when seeing one where they didn't like the furnishing. I found the one where they'd show the same people around the same house after a make over said it all. Surely they're intelligent enough to see the potential in a property. I suppose some people want it all done for them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 05:47 PM

I can sort of understand people may want a home they can just move into so liking the décor could help them. I can't understand people choosing a house and knocking out half the walls if it isn't what you want don't buy it
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I dont understand the obsession with en-suite bathrooms.

Most of them are tiny and yet people think this is the height of luxury squeezing themsleves into this cramped space and on curry nights stinking out the bedroom....!
This made me laugh! There was a wonderful line in the TV serial Casual Vacancy where Michael Gambon, a most obnoxious character, was sitting on the loo having a crap and his wife, the ghastly but long suffering and snobby can't-remember-her-name wrinkled her nose in disgust as the noise and the smell reached her ears and nostrils.
"Remember the rules!" she cried, "no solids in the en suite" !!!

My family is always quoting her for fun, it was a wonderful line!!
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 08:18 PM

Julie, a house may not be exactly what you want, but you can see the potential in it. Better having a house that you can make what you want, than spend an age looking for one thats exactly right.

We virtually gutted our house and re-modelled it to what we wanted.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 08:28 PM

It always amazes me that so many of these people on property shows are looking for holiday homes and the prices they are willing to pay for them. The researchers for the show must find some very wealthy people to appear on the shows. Our favourite is "A place in the sun", always, always the presenter has to say "imagine sitting out on your balcony with a glass of wine in your hand". Anyone would think it was the be all and end all of buying a property.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top