Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
expat
New Member!
Hampshire, United Kingdom
expat is male 

28-07-2015, 10:48 AM

Re: Joanna Lumley

Saw part 3/3 on Sunday...fine looking gal for now 69 and her smooth hot chocolate voice. Also noticed that Prof Lucy Worsely is becoming a fairly regular presenter.....nice lady but wish she'd not speak through her teeth (maybe she's got false teeth and needs some Dentafix!).
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 10:52 AM

I too have watched all the travel logs that Joanna Lumley has done, she is so enthused about the places she goes to and brings you along on the journey with her.

I have part three to watch when I have time. Which I am looking forward to.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 12:17 PM

I too have enjoyed this series finding it both entertaining and informative. The point that I am about to make is not intended to detract from this note of approval.

At various times during these travelogues I am quite aware of what we are not being told. There is always someone behind the camera filming the traveller entering houses and caves etc. I was particular aware of this when Joanna boards the train carrying nothing more than a fairly large handbag. She is never lugging a huge suitcase on wheels. Someone else is doing that for her. I suspect that there is small team of people who provide all sorts of backup. For instance who is planning these various pauses in her journey when she meets interesting people doing unusual things? There is obviously a lot of planning going on hidden from the camera.

As I said I am not criticising the programmes but I simply can’t help thinking about all these extras that Joanna is fronting.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 12:28 PM

I imagined we all realised that was what was happening

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top