Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:09 PM

New Programmes

Don't know about you, but I am fed up already with the constant advertising of two new programmes that are about to start.

One is that loud, stupid man shouting about a Bar-B-Q programme starting next Friday. (I shall be giving that one a miss, cos he's put me off alrealdy).

The second one is MORE celebrities messing about trying to look competent at rounding up sheep using working sheep dogs. They don't seem to know the sheep from the dog!
I have never thought it funny to see idiots using and stressing animals for their amusement.

Both look totally ridiculous to me and the trailers have already put me off. Has anyone else seen these adverts?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:13 PM

Re: New Programmes

Same here Mups , makes you wonder what they will think up next ..Nothing that will be worth watching ..
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:15 PM

Are these programmes on ITV as I haven't seen them yet although
I have heard of them. My new programme starting this Friday
is Ripper Street on BBC. They refused to show the third series
which was so annoying I am sure to the fans of the other two.
It was put on a Sky channel or something like that so never saw
it. I think because of the fans support they have had to bring it back so Series 3 starts on Friday. Yippee. Don't know why they didn't listen last
year.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:17 PM

Mary Berry and the sound of music makes us smile looking forward to bake off again. Also the new Tommy and Tuppence might be good.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:20 PM

Not seen those, Mups, but watched a bit of tv today, since we were rained off the gardening, and we have seen the same half a dozen trailers over and over including a tattoo show along with America's got Talent - well, all I keep seeing when I look up is a big chap jumping and falling on his backside !!!
Entertainment ?! Forget it, I won't be tuning in for those progs, the trailers got on me nerves enough!!

I never watch programmes where animals are used as entertainment, in the way you describe, ridiculous..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Mary Berry and the sound of music makes us smile looking forward to bake off again. Also the new Tommy and Tuppence might be good.

That's the David Walliams one isn't it, Julie? I was thinking of giving that a go, too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's the David Walliams one isn't it, Julie? I was thinking of giving that a go, too.
Yes has the call the midwife lady in it too.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 09:10 PM

I just wonder what they will have these minor celebs doing next......growing grass ?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 09:17 PM

So much trashy telly on lately..I detest any of the X factor /Talent shows on tv just DROSS!!!!
I wont be watching the sheep flock program either but may give the BBQ champ one a watch ...shall be watching the Bake off though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2015, 10:04 PM

Just read they are going to do a re-make of "All creatures great & small" now as well.
I wonder how that will go down? Might depend on who is in it. Christopher Timothy was the young Herriot before, and I remember reading somewhere that he admitted in an interview that he didn't even like animals!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top