Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 07:50 AM

The Voice

I think it is a shame that Tom Jones has been sacked, particularly as he is being replaced by Boy George. Not that it makes too much difference who takes over, as I will still be trying to work out what is that Will-i-am has said!!

Arthur
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 08:46 AM

Re: The Voice

I didn't know tom had gone , can you tell me why.
He will be a great loss, such a gentleman
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 08:55 AM

Hi Susan,
He was informed yesterday by the BBC that he would not be required for this series. Earlier they had announced the judges (ie before they told him). He is said to be furious as he had already made provision in his schedule for the time needed.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 09:11 AM

Great shame he has gone, seventy years too late. What did he look like in his pictures today, sort of freakish and sort of cooked. He has gone, "Its not unusual"
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 09:29 AM

He should've listened to his mama, she said that ain't the way to have fun
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 09:37 AM

They can all go as far as I'm concerned. I watched the very first program and haven't watched it since !!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 09:42 AM

I heard it mentioned on the radio that 'The Voice' may be scrapped anyway. Perhaps sacking Tom is a first step to hastening its failure.

Tom Jones was never my cup of tea but at least he had experience after a lifetime on the music scene. Some of the other judges were wet behind the ears.

Not sure of the aims of the programme is it meant to be 'entertainment' more than launching a career for the participant most of whom are unlikely to get far on their own without big money behind them.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 09:45 AM

Guess it suddenly dawned on the BBC that that all the panel were heterosexual, now we have a replacement "Boy George". What recent claim to fame has elevated him to the position?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
Hi Susan,
He was informed yesterday by the BBC that he would not be required for this series. Earlier they had announced the judges (ie before they told him). He is said to be furious as he had already made provision in his schedule for the time needed.

What a shame. As Susan said, he was a gentleman and did the job well I thought. I thought he was nicer in his latter years than when he was young.
As for Boy George! Well I never did like him, I have always found him a rather weird exhibitionist. He has also been missing from the music scene so long, half today's youngsters have probably never even heard of him.
Here's one viewer they've lost now.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 02:01 PM

As with all Reality TV shows, the tried and tested formula MUST be adhered to maintain ratings and revenues. That means the GAY vote must be catered for. End of.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top