Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 11:18 PM

Re: Lady Chatterley's lover

Thank goodness we don't all like the same things. Gosh if we did we would all be fancying each others partners.

I haven't seen it but have catch up to watch later.
Read the book secretly when I first got married and was a little excited with it then.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 05:51 AM

We watched it and enjoyed it on the level of the beautiful scenery, Lady C's costumes, and general good cinematography but it took huge liberties with the book which might or might not annoy you depending on whether you've read it or whether you care. But if anyone thinks it's faithful to the book, they would be completely wrong.

In the book there is nothing about the mining accident, nothing about Mellors meeting Clifford during the war, nothing about their wedding and early years of marriage, he doesn't attempt suicide, the nurse is a middle aged woman, he didn't have electric shock treatment, she didn't do her back in, and apparently the female star would have refused to play the part if the sex scenes had been done as D H Lawrence described them which was the most important aspect for Lawrence. After all that, one wonders if it shouldn't have been called something else.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 09:56 AM

The costumes and the mobility scooter were definitely the best bits, the rest was ok but, as said not how I remember the story.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top