Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2016, 10:22 PM

Re: Do you use your local Library?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You sound like me ... the lazy way to pick books. then stroll in and collect them.

You do meet some characters there though.
There was the elderly chap who used to fall asleep in a comfy chair in the corner everyday and swear at anyone who woke him up .. the librarian didn't like to ask him to leave. Poor chap was trying to save on his heating bills so came to the library. We tip toed around him.
cAnd then there was me friend Brian Big Paws, retired, ex-army... who got banned after threatening to throw some kids out of one of the upstairs windows as they were noisy and they ran home and told their dad.

Full of community spirit are libraries.

I'm a helpful soul ... so when the librarian ,Ian, very nice chap .. told me there was a beam across the entrance counting how many visitors there was for a survey gauging the libraries popularity I spent half an hour going in . and out .. and in ..and out ... bit like when I flounce from here come to think of it.
Did you, at any point, Shake it all about?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 02:45 AM

Yep, I use the physical library and the on line ebook version. Wonderful place.

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 03:14 PM

Went there this afternoon.
LennieM
New Member!
Bicester, UK
LennieM is male 

06-10-2016, 05:56 PM

I use my local library a great deal - usually have two or three books on the go at any time - but I never go there. I can download ebooks and audiobooks without getting out of my armchair!
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 01:30 AM

Nice looking structure. Also looks to have been built in recent times?
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 01:34 AM

Use my local libraries, here in Massachusetts, on a regular basis and have library cards to two small town libraries in the state of Maine, where we spend a few months at a family cottage each year. I'm still a reader of "paper" books although my wife tends to use her e-book reader.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
Nice looking structure. Also looks to have been built in recent times?
If you are referring to the Ribbonwood Centre it was built about 2000 when they knocked down the older library to build a shopping mall.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 09:23 AM

Yes, I use my library a lot

To borrow books of course, and I used to use the computers before I got my own

I can use any library in Lancashire, and return books to any of them, which is good. That means if I visit another town I can borrow books from it and return them to my local library
The maximum limit to borrow is 20 books or other items; I don't think i've been anywhere near that limit

They will do a national search for 60p which is excellent. that means if I see or hear of a book I can request it, and it turns up eventually
60p is very good indeed. I used to live in Cumbria, and just before I left they put up the price of a search from £5 to £8
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 01:25 PM

No Never
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 05:34 PM

Yes often.

If a book is going to cost me a tenner even on Kindle then I'll birder it from the library for nothing. Marvellous.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top