Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 02:11 PM

Chelsea Flower show

Anyone been watching on TV or has anyone actually been this year?

It appears that green is 'In' (according to the designers) and the show gardens have proved that. To be honest though, although I think some of the designs are absolutely brilliant (I mean try building a canal with a lock in your garden) they are nothing to do with flowers which is what the show is meant to be about.

I have watched all the BBC programmes so far and they have been focussing on the show gardens a bit too much imo.

Incidentally, the best in show was won by the show's sponsors M&G Investments.

Mmmm
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 03:49 PM

Re: Chelsea Flower show

To perfect for my liking LD,but very beautiful gardens,none the less!.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
To perfect for my liking LD,but very beautiful gardens,none the less!.
Yes, I agree. Although very clever, they are not the sort of gardens I would have even if I could afford them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 05:33 PM

I've seen some of the programmes, but missed bits as well.
I saw the canal, very clever.

I see we had the Duchess contributing this year too.
Good for her.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-05-2019, 05:34 PM

How you would go about building this from scratch, I have no idea.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 05:40 PM

I know it's not exactly flowers, but it is still extremely clever I thought.

I'd love to have gone there and had a look round.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 11:44 AM

I,ve been twice but find it too 'false'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-05-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I,ve been twice but find it too 'false'
I know what you mean. I haven't been to it but have been to others, including the Hampton Court Palace show and really it's just a lot of money to get in, just so you can then spend more money on plants and food.

Once again on last night's programme, they went over the same few show gardens again. Surely they could mix it up a bit?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 03:21 PM

I used to watch it but it seemed the same every year. Nothing really achievable for me so I lost interest.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:53 PM

I like to watch the Chelsea show for the new varieties of plants. This year seems to have gone back to completely natural and it's ok in a big garden but not sure if it would just be messy in a smaller one. One thing I would love to do is have a completely clean start as they do at Chelsea and get the architecture of the garden put in and right before I began planting. Some of the gardens must cost an absolute fortune in materials alone without the plants. Beyond my pocket I am afraid.

Like many peoples garden mine has evolved and has been built on bit by bit over the years, but unfortunately the basic architecture was never worked out at the beginning and I have never been really satisfied with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top