Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 10:09 PM

Re: "Big Brother" has landed.........

They do look in our paper bin though, it wass in the papers if the bin is contaminate with other than paper, they will not empty it!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 10:52 PM

We have had a sticker put on our recycling wheelie bin and they wouldn't empty it because OH put tins in a carrier bag. A woman came round with the bin men I assume she was checking everybodies rubbish.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 10:54 PM

What an awful job, and as the title says "Big Brother Has Landed"!!!
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 11:13 PM

we have black bin sacks for rubbish. pink sacks for recy. orange box for glass. and green wheely for garden stuff. the black bags are once a week, other rubbish every 2 weeks. but we have 1 of the neighbours who put all the rubbish out every week. she must get fed up with the council coming around and talking to her.
but it is good to see more pink sacks than black sacks go out.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 12:36 AM

Think some councils are issuing fines now for people not putting the right stuff in the right bins !
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Think some councils are issuing fines now for people not putting the right stuff in the right bins !
Watching a documentary the other night (Grime Busters I think it was called) and one particular Council was issuing fines to those who didn't put right stuff in right bins and also fines to people who didn't put their wheelie bins away.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 09:25 PM

we have bi-weekly collections black bin for general waste and the next week red box for all but plastics and green garden waste wheelie bin we were supposed to be having in July 2 more boxes one for paper and one for cardboard but they haven't materialised yet we like so many of you havent really the room for all of these boxes but I do like recycling as we can't go on forever with landfill I think more money should be invested in incinerators that put more electricity into the national grid I also wish they would do away with wind farms inland, out at sea they are ok but they are a serious blot on our ever decreasing countryside....
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 09:57 PM

I do agree that it is a 'Big Brother-ish' but all councils are given set Government targets on how much they need to be re-cycling because as Suey rightly says we can't keep do the landfill stuff as we are running out of space. All councils are having to try to educate and encourage people on being more green by recycling their rubbish. If you're not sure what should go in which bin, councils are usually quite happy to provide advisory leaflets. It may seem a bit over the top and intrusive to have 'bin police' but is one way for them to demonstrate how important and urgent it is that we recycle more then we do.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 11:14 PM

We have three bins, household, garden and one for paper, tins and plastic bottles. I wish we had a fourth for glass. It clutters up the garage for ages before we get round to taking it to the bottle bank.
I'm glad to think it was only the council checking rubbish. When I started reading my first thought was identity fraud!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top