Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 07:54 PM

Re: "Starting Over"

It's a great time to make a change, Yogini. Besides, the market in Florida is great; it's a good time to sell, and there are many options out there.

I'm considering moving to Hawai'i in a few years which would mean selling 75% of what I own because of shipping costs.

Obviously there are things to consider like where your family is, access to healthcare as you age, your spouse's health, the cost of moving (including the many hidden and unexpected costs)...

But if you have your ducks in a row, consider that you will probably never be healthier, stronger, sharp, and adventure-minded than you are right now.

Good luck in your decision making!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:05 PM

Change is scary, but its also a time of opportunity

We went from thinking we need a bigger house, to moving 500 miles in 3 months

Born, bred and raised a Londoner , at the age of 43 I found myself living in the back of beyond in Northern Ireland

Huge shock to the system at first, but I love my life now. Apart from the bigger house, we have downsized our lives. We both still work part time which gives us the money and the time to pursue our leisure interests and have stronger ties to our grandchildren

When we first moved here I so missed the city that we were flying back and forth to London 5 or 6 times a year and heading to Belfast at the drop of a hat. Now Im more like, I really don't need that so no need to head to Belfast
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:47 PM

Yogini, You only come this way once so take every opportunity you can get.
Do it whilst you can, as one day, you might not be able to even consider it.
Yogini
New Member!
Florida
Yogini is female 

08-09-2018, 09:12 PM

You all are so nice. Thank you so much for your responses!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top