Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:00 PM

Re: 'Our Yorkshire Farm'

https://www.waterstones.com/author/amanda-owen/301051

Here you go, Meg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
https://www.waterstones.com/author/amanda-owen/301051

Here you go, Meg.
Thanks Jazzi will have to treat myself
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:10 PM

Although the little girl pulled that lamb out a treat, I was a bit concerned at letting a kiddie that age do that.
The reason I say this is because she had blood and birthing fluids on her hands, but is she old enough to understand about hygiene?

That bothered me a bit incase she put her fingers in her mouth. I noticed no one took her to wash her hands you see.
Lovely to see the little one enjoying it so much, but please teach her about scrubbing up afterwards!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Kazz I haven't watched the latest episode yet.The programme reminds me of growing up and being free to run wild ...
The family remind me of the old Herriot books (not the tv series) where he describes families from back then pre war I think?
Not watched the latest episode myself yet.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:45 PM

I watched both episodes & thought what a wonderful life those kids have. Fresh air, freedom & loving parents & siblings. Yes, they do work, but it won't do them any harm & they will grow up to be happy & well rounded adults, whatever they do when they grow up. More kids should have a similar upbringing. There wouldn't be knife crime, muggings & thieving if they did.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I watched both episodes & thought what a wonderful life those kids have. Fresh air, freedom & loving parents & siblings. Yes, they do work, but it won't do them any harm & they will grow up to be happy & well rounded adults, whatever they do when they grow up. More kids should have a similar upbringing. There wouldn't be knife crime, muggings & thieving if they did.
Absolutely Tiff if children have jobs to do it gives them a sense of self worth and they are too tired to get up to much mischief .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

05-12-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Although the little girl pulled that lamb out a treat, I was a bit concerned at letting a kiddie that age do that.
The reason I say this is because she had blood and birthing fluids on her hands, but is she old enough to understand about hygiene?

That bothered me a bit incase she put her fingers in her mouth. I noticed no one took her to wash her hands you see.
Lovely to see the little one enjoying it so much, but please teach her about scrubbing up afterwards!
Mups I haven't seen that yet they do say a bit of dirt and a few germs for growing children are good for the immune system.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 01:00 PM

That's very true Meg alas most people don't have a farm to do lovely jobs like caring for animals which most children like to do
Some don't even have a garden so what can they do ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

05-12-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's very true Meg alas most people don't have a farm to do lovely jobs like caring for animals which most children like to do
Some don't even have a garden so what can they do ?
No Muddy they don't
I guess the children on the farm don't feel lucky when going out in the cold and dark to feed stock but I think they are.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No Muddy they don't
I guess the children on the farm don't feel lucky when going out in the cold and dark to feed stock but I think they are.
I don't think they do mind, it's the way they are being brought up. They don't know about any other way of life. I think it's a wonderful life. The parents are mindful of the kids abilities also.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top