Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 03:41 PM

Re: Have You Had a Cold this Winter?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No comment, I'm not tempting fate!
Same here
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I've got a streamer now, with a lack of appetite. Also, I suddenly can't get to sleep, partly due I think to breathing problems when lying down and my head being "messed up", especially when I close my eyes. Normally I have no problem at all getting off to sleep.

I'm not liking this at all, especially the sleep problems. I keep nodding off on the sofa but every time I go to bed I can't go off. Apart from 4am today to 6.20.

I don't remember colds being this bad (but may have forgotten).
No - haven't had a cold for about 30 years!

Hope you feel better soon.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sounds like you haven't been looking after your immune system over the winter Gravitas.

Plus its quite possible you might have made the condition much worse and prolonged by perhaps taking paracetamol or neurofen or aspirin in one form or another. Either direct tablets or in cold/flu remedy products like decongestants, syrups, night nurse and so on. Would that be the case?
I never think of taking anything but out of desperation I tool a couple of paracetamol earlier thinking it might help. Went to bed but didn't do the trick. Then tried a glass of dry sherry. Did eventually go off but still seemed close to consciousness. I was down for two hours. Feeling somewhat better now. Hopefully I'll see an improvement quickly.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 08:28 PM

No! I haven’t had a cold or the flu in years but my husband has.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've had more colds this past year than ever. I rarely got colds, if I did start to feel one coming I would take vit C and zinc and they'd go very quickly. That doesn't work now, I get really nasty ones.
I have a sore throat at the moment which is the start of a virus that's going around.
I don't know why this year is different except that I moved house a year ago.
New germs Tessa!
Your antibodies won't build a resistance until they've met them
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 08:51 PM

I tend to have one in the Winter and one in the Summer.
Used to be in the holidays when i finally got off the treadmill but this year it was mid January. It was the usual week or so to plough through it but then I completely lost my voice for almost two whole days!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've had more colds this past year than ever. I rarely got colds, if I did start to feel one coming I would take vit C and zinc and they'd go very quickly. That doesn't work now, I get really nasty ones.
I have a sore throat at the moment which is the start of a virus that's going around.
I don't know why this year is different except that I moved house a year ago.
Tessa me too. You have my sympathies.

But all year is a bit much. Perhaps your condensation is too low. Or the other end of the scale is black mould. I really do believe in sick building syndrome.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 12:31 AM

I rarely get colds, but had a beauty in December.
It came on so quickly, and left quite quickly, except it left me with a hacking cough for ages.

Touch wood, that is the only one I will have this winter.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 03:03 AM

A brief but nasty bout of "man-flu" early January which led to a quite severe coughing fit which lasted three months and ear infections.
Touch wood, I'm now free of it all and living life as a wonderfully fluttering butterfly, free to fly anywhere full of life and happiness.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:10 AM

Colds and 'flu' - don't stand much of a chance with me, ever since I started to drink a tot of Brandy in my coffee several times a week. The Brandy kills off any viruses before they have a chance to multiply.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top