Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:17 PM

Re: Danny Baker Sacked for "Racist" Tweet About Royal Baby

Some of these celebs? seem to think they can get away with posting anything on twitter and not be accountable. They only do it to stand out, otherwise nobody would take any notice of them..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:23 PM

I must have been a teenager when I first came across him and used to think he was really good. It's very disappointing but even more strange is his assertion that he did not know whose baby it was. I mean what????
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 10:04 PM

The fact he did it proves his mentality however the excuses since prove he knew exactly what he was doing. Correct move by the BBC. Now let sleeping news lie and don't give him the benefit of interest. Lets hope we do not see him on breakfast Tv or similar.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Very well put Barry.
Totally agree - - not really aware of this 'presenter' until today's coverage -- but what a stupid and cruel thing to do.

And he has apparently been sacked previously for similar actions!!!!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 08:33 AM

I think he was daft in not realising that the 'offence industry' would be on him like a ton of bricks. The irony is that I believe him 100% when he claimed that the photo he posted was an attack on the royals for being 'monkeys in suits' and nothing whatever to do with race. Indeed, you have to ask who are the racists here? - the comedian who regards the royals as 'monkeys in suits' or the 'liberal' offence takers who instantly equated monkeys with black people. I think the liberals' hidden prejudice is showing!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 08:42 AM

What do you mean "75% White"? Aren,t we all. In any case we have only seen a tiny part of the child.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:00 AM

A bit off-topic I suppose, but I must say I am very tired by society's constant references to somebody's skin colour, and how people are constantly defined by their skin colour.

It's like being defined by your hair colour. It's very wearing.

It reminded me of a letter, years and years and years ago, that I read in a magazine. The letter-writer's grandson had started school, which was in a culturally mixed area, and he was telling granny about the new friend he had made. Granny asked him if the friend were black or white, and the boy replied that he hadn't noticed.

A bit of a lesson there.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
A bit off-topic I suppose, but I must say I am very tired by society's constant references to somebody's skin colour, and how people are constantly defined by their skin colour.

It's like being defined by your hair colour. It's very wearing.

It reminded me of a letter, years and years and years ago, that I read in a magazine. The letter-writer's grandson had started school, which was in a culturally mixed area, and he was telling granny about the new friend he had made. Granny asked him if the friend were black or white, and the boy replied that he hadn't noticed.

A bit of a lesson there.
It's hard not to notice sometimes Pyxell, it can be the Elephant in the room if you excuse the pun....And being defined by hair colour.......Well nobody wants to be ginger do they...
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's hard not to notice sometimes Pyxell, it can be the Elephant in the room if you excuse the pun....And being defined by hair colour.......Well nobody wants to be ginger do they...
Actually, that's my favourite hair colour! I think it's beautiful!

Plus I've had red highlights put in mine!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And being defined by hair colour.......Well nobody wants to be ginger do they...
I am offended by this statement! As a person of ginger colour(ed) hair, I think that your racist, hairist views are unacceptable in our enlightened times. I demand that you are sacked from your job and banned from this forum and treated like the antediluvian, evil dinosaur that you are!!!!!

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top