Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 08:19 AM

Re: Mum

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hi John you do need to watch from the start to appreciate the characters. It's on I player from season 1 through to now. I think it would be a bit confusing watching season 3 cold. It's a very sensitive study of the consequences of what's left unsaid and British polite avoidance of saying what we think, with all the comic misunderstandings that leads to.
Well put, Annie!

Yes, I agree, watching series 3 cold might make things tricky, especially as it wasn't set in her home like the other 2, and you didn't get the back story so much in series 3.

Watching series 2 cold was ok, though.

I'll now have to be careful what I say, because after watching episode 1 of this latest series, I binge-watched the other 5 episodes on iPlayer, as the Beeb has made all episodes available now!

I don't want to give any spoilers!

(I expect I'll watch them again week by week, though!)
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 09:23 AM

I watched all of them on catch up my bottom hurt but it was worth it , im now addicted . I told my friend to watch the new one but i dont think she was impressed . I think youve got to get to know the family to get it .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I watched all of them on catch up my bottom hurt but it was worth it , im now addicted . I told my friend to watch the new one but i dont think she was impressed . I think youve got to get to know the family to get it .
I watched them all too. Unfortunately that's it. No more seasons are planned. I hope they do a Christmas special though.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Yes, you're right; you have to get to know them, plus you have to understand what's going on during the pauses and silences. If you just look at the 'action', you miss a lot of the nuances.
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 01:59 PM

I too have watched series 1 and 2 on catch up and last night watched all of series 3, I’ll say nothing but I did enjoy it and sad there will be no more. Being a crisp eater I loved the way they all ate crisps, not often you see that on TV ��
Pyxell
South of England

19-05-2019, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by cbrown372 ->
I too have watched series 1 and 2 on catch up and last night watched all of series 3, I’ll say nothing but I did enjoy it and sad there will be no more. Being a crisp eater I loved the way they all ate crisps, not often you see that on TV ��
Yes, Kelly and Jason seemed to be constantly eating! I'm surprised they're so thin!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top