Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Restless Leg Syndrome

I know there isn't a cure but has anyone found relief from this cramping and jumping of the nerves in the legs especially in bed at night that force you to move them?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 05:26 PM

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome

You can try magnesium supplements, as sometimes a deficiency causes/contributes to it.

Also, with a shower head, try alternating a strong jet of hot and cold water onto the legs before bedtime.

Upright exercise might help too, even just walking.

Also, reducing alcohol intake.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 05:31 PM

Reducing alcohol (as Pyxell says) and avoid fizzy drinks and anything too sugary before going to bed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 05:34 PM

There's a lot of info here, Zuleika, see if this is any help.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/s...ndrome-rls.htm
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 07:23 PM

Thanks .
I don’t drink alcohol or fizzy drinks ,nor do I smoke nor take excess caffeine .
Looking back I think this began with cramp one night after I’d been in bed a while .It’s stuck in my mind anyway so I think I’ll be out shopping for Magnesium tomorrow for a starting point .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Thanks .
I don’t drink alcohol or fizzy drinks ,nor do I smoke nor take excess caffeine .
Looking back I think this began with cramp one night after I’d been in bed a while .It’s stuck in my mind anyway so I think I’ll be out shopping for Magnesium tomorrow for a starting point .
Good luck Zuleika. i know how annoying it can be and it disrupts your sleep. I used to get it all the time but it seems to have gone and I don't know why.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good luck Zuleika. i know how annoying it can be and it disrupts your sleep. I used to get it all the time but it seems to have gone and I don't know why.

Sounds like you sent it to Zuleika.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-05-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sounds like you sent it to Zuleika.
I hope not, she'll be round to bash me on the head.

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I hope not, she'll be round to bash me on the head.

or Legs even ....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 11:16 PM

Maybe wearing tight knickers in bed could be the problem.

Try this to take your mind off your twitches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top