Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 04:54 PM

And So The Fightback Begins.

Well, it looks as though sanity may have returned to the HOC, if only for a day! It also looks as though many of our 15 minutes of fame MP's have been told a few home truths by their respective party activists and constituents during their holidays.

Either way, it is great news that the cockroaches wishing to thwart Brexit have lost the vote to run Commons business on 25th June so they could legislate to throw out a no-deal. The government won by 11 votes, which shocked the opposition.

309 against the motion 298 for the motion.

On yer bikes - treacherous irks.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:00 PM

Re: And So The Fightback Begins.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, it looks as though sanity may have returned to the HOC, if only for a day! It also looks as though many of our 15 minutes of fame MP's have been told a few home truths by their respective party activists and constituents during their holidays.

Either way, it is great news that the cockroaches wishing to thwart Brexit have lost the vote to run Commons business on 25th June so they could legislate to throw out a no-deal. The government won by 11 votes, which shocked the opposition.

309 against the motion 298 for the motion.

On yer bikes - treacherous irks.
Conservatives mp's putting their party's interest before the country's. There must be something for the brits to deserve this.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:01 PM

Anyone who wishes to know more about this news item can probably find it on the link below.

Extract from that link:

"MPs have voted against a motion aimed at blocking any new prime minister from proroguing Parliament in order to ensure a no deal Brexit.

MPs rejected motion to give them control of the Commons agenda on June 25, as part of efforts to block a no-deal Brexit, by 309 votes to 298 - majority 11."

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-12/...ue-parliament/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Conservatives mp's putting their party's interest before the country's. There must be something for the brits to deserve this.
There certainly is Solasch. It's called respecting the people's decision to leave the EU. Seven months after, granted, but leave we must, I personally couldn't care less why their reason they have voted for the Government in both motions, all I know is that I have a smile on my face. No doubt the cockroaches will soon be plotting again with Bercow at the head of the table, but PLEASE, just let me enjoy this moment, they have been very few and far between lately.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
There certainly is Solasch. It's called respecting the people's decision to leave the EU. Seven months after, granted, but leave we must, I personally couldn't care less why their reason they have voted for the Government in both motions, all I know is that I have a smile on my face. No doubt the cockroaches will soon be plotting again with Bercow at the head of the table, but PLEASE, just let me enjoy this moment, they have been very few and far between lately.

Hmmm - a majority of just eleven - not exactly overwhelming was it - no doubt bailed out by the Northern Irish dinosaurs in the DUP.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hmmm - a majority of just eleven - not exactly overwhelming was it - no doubt bailed out by the Northern Irish dinosaurs in the DUP.
Hi

Which just goes to prove, anything is better than Corbyn.

If Labour had a decent Leader the Tories would have been trashed.

Corbyn is keeping the Tories in power.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-06-2019, 05:34 PM

Hmm, when Labour assumed that they would have an overwhelming majority on the motion, 11 votes was a smack in the face for them. Some commentators are saying that it must have been some of their own Labour MP's that voted with the Government. What does that tell you?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:39 PM

That is actually better numbers than I expected so good news
in what is going to be a real struggle to keep the ardent remain Tories in check.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Which just goes to prove, anything is better than Corbyn.

If Labour had a decent Leader the Tories would have been trashed.

Corbyn is keeping the Tories in power.
Once again Swimmy! Right on the nail!

Regards Donkeyman!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:36 PM

Tough old business this thing called democary,a small majority in favour of leaving the EU,nah obviously not the right result,a small majority now in favour of leaving with out a deal,nah not the right result,suck it up Joe its how it works.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top