Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:35 PM

Do they (children often ask)

When my boys were very young we had a day at Falmouth and walked along looking at the ships docked there.
One was a car ferry and just unloaded new cars onto the dock. Not only was the car ramp down but also a small side door on the ship as well.

Son "daddy what is that little door open for?"

Me " Well son if one of the cars doesn't work they push it out of that small side door"

Son with the classic question " Do they?". at least it made others nearby smile
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 11:14 PM

Re: Do they (children often ask)

While having a summer adventure in a tent overnight on the back lawn with 6 year old Jack and 5 year old Lily, Jack had a question! "Grandad- how does gravity work?"
Anybody got the answer?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 11:18 PM

I like to call it "invisible elastic"
It keeps us stuck to the ground!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 11:19 PM

it is the constant earth movement of revolving that creates gravity. You can see this if you spin a top. All the time it is spinning it stays upright, as it slows down it wobbles and eventually falls down

bloody H*** where did I dig that one up from. Oh yes I found the brain cell that landed on the floor
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
it is the constant earth movement of revolving that creates gravity. You can see this if you spin a top. All the time it is spinning it stays upright, as it slows down it wobbles and eventually falls down.
I prefer invisible elastic!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

06-07-2019, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I prefer invisible elastic!
Rhian

we all know about your invisible elastic. Great for twanging if one gets a chance

Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 11:51 PM

But if you spin the earth faster (as I sometimes do) there is no gravity and we fly off into space.
I often ponder this problem whilst twanging her elastic!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

07-07-2019, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
But if you spin the earth faster (as I sometimes do) there is no gravity and we fly off into space.
I often ponder this problem whilst twanging her elastic!
Ha!!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

07-07-2019, 12:16 AM

lets byepass Ciderman's question and concentrate on twaning Rhians invisible elastic instead. Do it too many times and all the twange has gone out of it. Then what happens I wonder, Maybe Rhian has the answer? does gravity take over??????
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand

07-07-2019, 12:18 AM

Well it's been raining here for 2 days and she hasn't shown up to dance naked, (much to my disappointment!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top