Join for free
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 09:20 PM

Strictly Contestants revealed

Hope there are a few other fans on the forum so we can have a bit of a natter on a Saturday night through the autumn.

Line up is:

Holly Vallance (28) Aussie Neighbours actress and (briefly) a pop singer.

Nancy Dell’Olio (50) Ex squeeze of Sven the footie manager, and (briefly) Sir Trevor Nunn.

Lulu (62) Pop singer and wee Scottish lassie

Chelsea Healy (23) plays the secretary in Waterloo Road.

Anita Dobson (62) Brian May's missus, and former landlady of the Queen Vic.

Alex Jones (34) - Welsh speaking presenter, and current presenter of the One Show

Edwina Curry (64) ex MP - eggs, salmonella?

Jason Donovan (43) Another Aussie - ex neighbours actor, Joseph in the West End and pop singer

Harry Judd (25) Drummer with McFly

Dan Lobb (39) - Daybreak sports presenter and ex tennis pro (gotta love a tennis player called Lobb )

Robbie Savage (36) Welsh football player turned radio pundit

Russell Grant (60) TV/radio astrologer

Rory Bremner (50) comedy impressionist.

Audley Harrison (39) Olympic gold medallist and heavyweight boxer
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 10:02 PM

Re: Strictly Contestants revealed

Ooh... thanks for that Jennie, I'm a great fan of Strictly The line-up looks quite good too ....I wonder who will be the Ann Widdecombe of the bunch this year? Poor Anton deserves to be matched with a good dancer this time.

It starts this Saturday when dancers and contestants are matched an introduced to each other.
Can't wait!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 10:25 PM

Oh ...that looks an interesting line up,thanks Jennie a couple I haven't heard of and I don't like that silly girl from the one show . Looking forward to it ..
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 11:02 PM

Weyyy heyyy excited now!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 11:17 PM

Great Saturday night viewing....looking forward to it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 11:21 PM

I can picture Lulu doing quite well ..... also Jason Donovan
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:59 AM

Every year I say I am going to watch strictly,and every year i catch just little snippets of it, it is not a programme that i have ever gotten into, the bits i see are very good but i always find something else to do.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 12:27 PM

Me too Shirley, I love the bits I do catch, then I wished I'd watched it all properly from the beginning. I'll try harder this year. My money's on Lulu but Anita Dobson winning would be brilliant!
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Me too Shirley, I love the bits I do catch, then I wished I'd watched it all properly from the beginning. I'll try harder this year. My money's on Lulu but Anita Dobson winning would be brilliant!
I think you folks are right about Lulu - looking at this footage she can move a bit. The big surprise to me is Russell Grant . Again, only snippets of footage .. but despite his size and shape - he's surprisingly light on his feet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14817342
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

08-09-2011, 03:06 PM

Thanks for posting that link Jennie, it was good to see them all before Strictly proper starts

Wow! Russell Grant can move, can't he! I'm really looking forward to it now!

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top