Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 06:50 PM

Re: Tattoos

Sorry, to offend anyone but l detest tattoos.
I just imagine, what they will look like on aged skin. I wonder if there is an iron for human skin?
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Margaret, I had always wanted on, but was too scared to go and have it done, so my neighbour came with me. Its very small only one inch long and it wasn't painful at all.
Well done you, you're braver than me!
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 08:19 PM

I really don’t like to see the beauty of bare human skin defaced by tattoos.
I know some people like them but they make me shudder.

My Dad was in the Navy but never had a tattoo and my Mum didn’t like them, either.
None of my siblings have tattoos and none of our children have.
The younger generation are not that much keener on having tattoos - my granddaughter had a small “Manchester bee” tattooed on her ankle, after the Manchester terrorist attack - but none of her 12 cousins have any - although my great-nephew is a tattoo artist - he loves designing tattoos and tattoos his designs on other people but he has no tattoos himself.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:30 PM

I have tattoos,Margaret....but not saying where...they are art to me and have meaning.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have tattoos,Margaret....but not saying where...they are art to me and have meaning.
Tattoos do tend to be referred to as 'body art' nowadays don't they Pauline? Some of the ones I've seen certainly look like art too. Mind you, from what you say yours aren't on display ...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:52 PM

I don't mind the odd tattoo on men but I find men covered in tattoos a complete turn off.

When my sister died I did consider having one in her memory but thought better of it as if I'm honest I really don't like tattoos on women, especially the full leg and sleeve things but I don't judge, it's personal choice, just that I personally don't like very large tattoos, especially on women.

I saw a goth woman in the pub yesterday and her whole neck and chin was covered in an enormous tattoo, it was very dark and drew attention to it straight away, I couldn't help but notice it and I felt it spoilt her lovely face.

Arty, don't apologise for having your own view lass. Some people like them, some people don't and that's perfectly ok.

Anyway here is the tattoo I almost got a year after my beautiful sister died. Had I decided to have it I would have it on a smaller scale. I decided against it as I don't think my sister would approve, that along with I'm too chicken, I don't do pain very well.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	in-loving-memory-a-beautiful-ross-and-cross-amazing-memorial-tattoo.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	10317  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 08:27 AM

Personally I find tattoos repulsive - on either sex - but life would be very boring if we all thought the same way.

My late brother was in the Royal Navy - had hundreds of the things (shudders) and my SIL always said she would divorce him if he had them removed! No accounting for taste
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 09:23 PM

Don't have any. Don't broadcast you are a chav.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 09:28 PM

I at one time fancied a tiny bumble bee but being needle phobic didn't do it. Got a stick on one in ustead.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I at one time fancied a tiny bumble bee but being needle phobic didn't do it. Got a stick on one in ustead.
Very wise!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top