Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 06:09 PM

Re: When youth of today grows old

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
True! I remember when we joined and I haven't forgiven them for that.
Yep LD i'll join your list of people who will never forgive the
B******S who sold our country down the road dead or alive.

Is that nos 10'000
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
You are on the money with that. I actually felt sorry for the British when I was there. I loved my time in London but there was often an undercurrent of quiet desperation and pessimism. Even with the young ones. I grew up in the sun and surf under a huge sky that never seemed to end. I don't ever remember being really cold except for in the middle of winter at night or down in the snow fields. I never felt angry or depressed or deprived. The key word was always optimism and you can go as far as you want to go. I felt at home in the US as they are very much the same. But!..Despite this Brexit debacle, I also get the feeling that things might be changing a little in the UK?..Tell me they are and I'll be happy for you(se)
You said it all Keezoy, big sky. Sunshine. Ocean. It puts
your existence in perspective, anything seems possible!
Regards Donkeyman!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 08:05 PM

All those private hours of self loathing and self harm.

Them were the days they was, they will say.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
All those private hours of self loathing and self harm.

Them were the days they was, they will say.
Aye, they were old man.

You just loathe everybody else now
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Aye, they were old man.

You just loathe everybody else now
I'm no bleeding heart do gooder now (I've retired) But I HAVE to say..THis is just so bloody sad. I think you guys need some more sunshine. No matter how much money you have, I can guarantee it makes you happier. Fair dinkum cobbers!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 12:05 AM

I'm no bleeding heart do gooder now (I've retired) But I HAVE to say..THis is just so bloody sad. I think you guys need some more sunshine. No matter how much money you have, I can guarantee it makes you happier. Fair dinkum cobbers!
I think you are on the wrong tangent, keezoy mate.
This isn't a swipe at old people, just Mr. Gravitas, who seems to dislike just about everybody on the forum.
Hope that clears things up bud
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 12:51 AM

I think you are on the wrong tangent, keezoy mate.
This isn't a swipe at old people, just Mr. Gravitas, who seems to dislike just about everybody on the forum.
Hope that clears things up bud
Oh OK cheers Floydy. I stand corrected. Mr "Gravity's holding you down too low"..YOU need more sunshine. Owzat!?...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-07-2019, 03:31 AM

Oh OK cheers Floydy. I stand corrected. Mr "Gravity's holding you down too low"..YOU need more sunshine. Owzat!?...
I'm getting plenty of sunshine Keezoy, I make sure of that while I'm not at work, however few hours that works out at.
keezoy
Australia

23-07-2019, 03:59 AM

I'm getting plenty of sunshine Keezoy, I make sure of that while I'm not at work, however few hours that works out at.
We keep getting our wires crossed. I didn't mean you I meant Gravitas..Play on words. Gravitas = gravity..you had to be there.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Was yours one of them mickey mouse ones Mr M?
And regarding where they went, they went into a huge
rubber dump, not far from our house and it all got destroyed
in a huge fire started by the sun shining through its glass
eyes!

Regards Donkeyman!
Not that I recall. It's just a guess but I think the Mickey Mouse gas masks were for really small children. I am pretty sure that mine was just a smaller version of the adult gas mask.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top