Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 08:27 AM

Re: A place for everything

I have a place for everything, it stays there 'til I move it. Drawers, floor, cupboards, coffee table, sheds...
Once one place is full I start on another

The weird thing is, I usually have some idea where things are in my random filing system
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you have a place for everything and everything in its place?
I don't .
I have crap everywhere and can never find anything .
It's been like that since we moved. Things we know we have but still can't find.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 08:37 AM

It makes me feel tired .
I would like to tidy up today but I look about me and feel exhausted.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 08:41 AM

I like to have a particular place for all my belongings.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes I have 'a place for everything'. I find being organised makes life easier.
One example is the kitchen store cupboards, I can see at a glance what stock needs to be replaced and when shopping I bag things up taking into account where they go, this makes unpacking the shopping a simple excercise.
I truly envy people like you. It’s something I’d love to be able to do but lack the discipline
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:02 AM

Do you have a place for everything and everything in its place?
I don't .
I have crap everywhere and can never find anything .
It makes me feel tired .
I would like to tidy up today but I look about me and feel exhausted.
At the moment I can relate.
It’s overwhelming at times.
And my husband is far far worse.
He doesn’t clean anything .....
Ever
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:35 AM

When I went to a CFS group thingy, ( which wore me out just getting there) they asked what you would like to achieve, I said abour my messy garden and my wool stash needed tidying.
They advised doing a small section at a time for as long as you are able, "pacing" they called it. It worked for my wool but the garden was just too overwhelming.
I've managed to keep most of my wool stored in zipped plastic cubes, but then I've had to stop knitting
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:39 AM

Yes, I have a good idea where everything is. It’s when l have a good tidy up, that l can’t find anything!

I always put keys back to where they belong on a key holder in a cupboard. This especially applies to car keys! The times when l haven’t, l have been dashing around like a headless chicken and late to where l’m going!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
When I went to a CFS group thingy, ( which wore me out just getting there) they asked what you would like to achieve, I said abour my messy garden and my wool stash needed tidying.
They advised doing a small section at a time for as long as you are able, "pacing" they called it. It worked for my wool but the garden was just too overwhelming.
I've managed to keep most of my wool stored in zipped plastic cubes, but then I've had to stop knitting
I try to pace myself by timing ie do 10 minute stuff tidying .
It doesn't seem to be working
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

22-07-2019, 09:46 AM

I often think, I could put everything in a big box, then sit and take out a few things, put them away until it's empty.
I'm still waiting to find a box big enough.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top