Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Re: A place for everything

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I try to pace myself by timing ie do 10 minute stuff tidying .
It doesn't seem to be working
Rather than give yourself an amount of time, which as you say hasn't worked, why not set yourself achievable goals like say, tidying just one cupboard or one work surface? Then when you see it's possible to achieve something that could give you the positivity and impetus to wishing to do more. It's all an attitude of mind, and it's always possible to change one's mind!

Setting realistic goals does seem to work for all kinds of things, I do it every day or I would not get anything done at all. Small steps (goals and achievements) all add up to one larger achievement and so on.

Good luck anyway if you do give it a try.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you have a place for everything and everything in its place?
I don't .
I have crap everywhere and can never find anything .
You & me both.

My house is a mess! Not only due to me, but also my Daughter who no longer lives here, not that you'd notice she doesn't. I get all her stuff too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 10:23 AM

My housing association showed me the photos to advertise my flat sale, and I couldn’t believe how tidy it looked. However, nobody can envisage that behind the camera was all that the girl had moved away. My flat looks fab!

But the reality is so different. I am forever trying to find things, stuff that I know I have but not sure where it is. I keep losing my spex case, pens...

After my holiday I might start packing boxes. I might do viewings on 6 August and have the storage unit till 13 September, unless I keep it yet another month. I have a small amount of room left in it, if I want to hide more bulky stuff.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 10:31 AM

I'm not too bad, I can be a bit untidy at times BUT, if it's something important it always goes straight to it's place. I always know exactly where to lay my hands on documents, letters ect, other stuff depends on my mood at the time. I work outside for my OH so much that I'm often too tired to start tidying up when I get in.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 03:18 PM

Even the Cat's Toys are put back in her box when she is finished playing with them, and she knows exactly what cupboard to go to for her food.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 06:08 AM

I remember a long time ago sitting on a train on my way to work....two women in front of me discussing a person..

I realised into the conversation it was me they were talking about...to this day years later their remarks stuck with me...comical but insightful...they said sneeringly...she's the sort who puts her milk bottles out every day.

Still makes me laugh thinking about it
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Even the Cat's Toys are put back in her box when she is finished playing with them, and she knows exactly what cupboard to go to for her food.
I wish you would come and teach mine to do that!

Some days my sitting room is so littered with toys you would think I was running a Nursery School!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I remember a long time ago sitting on a train on my way to work....two women in front of me discussing a person..

I realised into the conversation it was me they were talking about...to this day years later their remarks stuck with me...comical but insightful...they said sneeringly...she's the sort who puts her milk bottles out every day.

Still makes me laugh thinking about it

Did that remark make your stomach churn
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 07:18 AM

My cats fill any space they can in the lounge, yesterday Gypsy sat on Dolly's head!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top