Join for free
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 11:01 AM

Geek Heaven

Stargate Universe is brilliant - I`ve just caught up with it. Robert Carlyle is an excellent actor and really brings class to the role. Love it! Apart from the snivelling Senators Daughter who I hope gets killed soon as she`s obviously only there for the Teen Emoting.
And the new Terry Pratchett arrived - Unseen Academicals` - just started it, but it looks like he`s right back to his usual brilliance after the disappointing `Nation`.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 11:07 AM

Re: Geek Heaven

I saw the trailer to this but didn't watch the prog. I read SF sometimes but don't go out of my way to watch movies or TV
Robert Carlyle is usually good, so I can imagine it's a good series
Unconnected but vaguely connected - I am enjoying the 'Electric Dreams' programmes on BBC4, where they have transported a 'noughties' family back to 1970 and the electronics, household equipment, computer stuff available then and are bringing them back up to 2009. The 80s last night, introduction of video recorders and the first home computers. The young teenage boy was fascinated with being able to write his own programmes on a BBC computer.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 11:17 AM

I've missed this when and where was it on?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 11:19 AM

I missed the programme - I like Stargate SG1 but hate Stargate Atlantis. Must watch out for Stargate Universe although I can't stand Robert Carlyle!! He is a good actor but just can't stand him! oops!

When is the next episode on, please, of Stargate Atlantis?
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 11:42 AM

It`s on Sky but I catch it on surfthechannel.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 01:39 PM

/Moved to TV section/
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 01:42 PM

Some of the roles Robert has played haven't done him justice like that stupid Bond film but after all's said it pays the rent don't it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top