Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2010, 12:01 AM

Re: Isn't technology amazing

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Edit: I have removed the actual pic from the thread. I was a bit iffy about posting it initially and have now got cold feet and taken it down. Sorry. I'm a funny soul sometimes about pictures and who may be looking and wha their motives might be
I'm a bit the same DM. A bit wary of putting any photos of any of the family on the Internet, especially applies to children. Probably being a bit paranoid but anyone can save a photo if they want to for whatever reason.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2010, 05:31 PM

I'm so glad it's not just me!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2010, 05:35 PM

Very understandable DM.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2010, 06:05 PM

I've been a techie nerd all my life. I've been an electronics technician for 42 years. I had to get my first desktop computer when they came out in 1978. The original IBM PC had two 5.25" floppy drives, a 3 color RGB(red, green, blue) monitor and an Epson FX100 dot matrix printer. That cost me $4800 dollars. That was a lot of money back then.

Then I got into digital photography after being a professional film wedding & portrait photographer for years. We've come a long way in that field of electronics as well.

For the past 4 years I've worked for Intel Corp actually making the computer chips used in cell phones, netbook & laptop computers and the new digital book readers like the Kendall.

I use a Garmin 1470T GPS unit in my Smart car to find anywhere and research my travels using Google Earth and the internet. I'm a real geek.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top