Join for free
Page 4 of 37 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 08:12 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles part 2

.....what HE said!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 09:28 PM

Mum's the word.

or possibly grandmum.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 10:01 PM

it's a complex oedipus that blows the mind
that Freudy lad sad things unkind
I never fell in love with muvver
but did nick the girlfriend off me bruvver!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 10:24 PM

nIce one my chum

Gumbud, it’s all Greek
Rather like textspeak
Was it Freud or that Jung
Who was fixed on his mum
It’s an odd situation
Causing much consternation
Hence my wry phrase
Could be out of place
This is all too clever
I wish i’d never
Written this ever.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 11:16 PM

well freudy and jungy were pals
but their oedipuses sort different gals
they both played with the mind
but differed in kind
when repressed sexual urges were bad?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 12:52 AM

The inventor of 'predictive text' has died
He'd been ill for some while
He's being laid to rest next week
His funfair's being hello on Sundial.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 04:54 PM

I once new a chap called Cigmouth Fred, does that count?
He was a past master in the art of cigarette dangling from the mouth, right lower lip and it never once fell off it's perch. This is a dying art now with all the bans around, some famous film stars helped bring this to prominence in the 40's and 50', the most notable male actors probably being Robert Mitchum and Peter Lorre, later on Sean Connery as Bond. Sexy cigarette smoking girls for me were Bette Davis and Marline Dietrich.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 01:07 PM

Looking at an old film the other day “Some like it Hot” I had a good laugh at the gangster in the cake scene. I don’t know how to post utube clips but look up ‘For he’s a jolly good fellow’ in Some like it hot, very funny.
But before the hit man in the cake with the Tommy gun pops out the mob leader is giving his speech and it made me wonder if the likes of Al Capone and co. were so well briefed by expensive lawyers as to not put a word wrong, 5th amendment stuff “incriminating myself” as they say, he goes on, not the exact words but you get the flow, he’s looking at his main rival while speaking “There are some people here who would say Spanner Marks is a two faced squealer, there are some people here who would say he oughta be shot! There are even some folks here that think he should be sleeping with the fishes in concrete spats ! But whata I say? I say some people talka too much, do I say he oughta be shot? Some people say the dirty bastard oughta be shot! I say some people talka lot…” Then the cake is wheeled out and out comes the chap with the Tommy gun, everyone ducks under the tables, all except Spanner Marks and his bodyguards who end up like canasters. Ah they don’t make ‘em like that anymore.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

10-12-2014, 09:05 PM

The Nature of Reality.

Are you asleep when you are awake?
or awake when you are asleep?
What is real and what is fake?
How many pips make up a bleep?

Questions questions, but it’s good to ask questions and question every answer.

Fascinating stuff on BBC4 last night all about Quantum Physics, and the beauty of this is that nobody understands anything about Quantum Mechanics, it’s all theory land and we all have our own theories so we can all join in and believe anything we like about the subject, sort of like religion in a way. Bands of light and dark, firing one electron at another, particles interfering with each other, solid reality and potential reality, being everywhere at once, on and on it went and had me riveted to the TV screen. All the nonsense that usually goes through my mind was being laid out in front of me, even the presenter could’t understand it and was not afraid to admit it, “Some things are just unexplainable” how refreshing is that coming from a professor. “Does the moon cease to exist when we don’t look at it?” Einstein once said, and just before he died he wrote that all the years he spent trying to figure out Quantum Physics were a waste of time, he still hadn’t a clue on his death bed, wouldn't worry about it Albert old chap that makes 7.125 billion of us.
Anyway it’s probably just as well, if we knew how it all worked the next thing we’d want to do is make a Quantum Bomb.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

10-12-2014, 09:49 PM

A 'quantum bomb' you say-but,ah;
Is it where we were-or where we are?
And if it's close-is it still too far?
...and did you hear that tree falling?

Is Schroedinger's cat alive and well?
Apparently no-one can really tell;
In a vacuum no-one can hear you yell,
Yet there are theories out there,all calling.

Through a prism,light can be made to bend.
Although light has no mass from beginning to end.
So HOW can a prism have an effect you can't mend
On a photon,which is one massless particle?

I've tried keeping up with the scientific bods.
Though sometimes it seems with themselves they're at odds.
They have no definitives,but they won't accept Gods.
[I read that in a Richard Dawkins article]

So,better I think,to stop causing this fuss.
Maybe it's not meant to make sense to us.
So that come the day each of us from this realm rises,
There'll dawn Great Understanding,with no more surprises.

Page 4 of 37 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top