Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 04:54 PM

Best mobile deals? What do you pay?

I watched a youtube vid (where the guy was cutting his sim to micro sim size) and he said he has a t-mobile package where he pays just £10 for unlimited calls, unlimited texts and unlimited internet!

I know they've stopped doing that one now - but are there any other good packages like this around - perhaps sim-only deals?

What packages do you have? What do you pay and what do you get for it?

I have two Virgin price-match 'contracts' with Orange - where I just pay for any phone calls or texts I make. If I want internet, it would cost me an additional tenner a month.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 09:09 PM

Re: Best mobile deals? What do you pay?

I just have an Orange Pay as You Go Azz. Only really have my mobile to carry round with me in case of emergencies.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Same here, I have Orange PAYG .....
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 11:19 PM

T-Mobile have taken over orange so start looking out for more deals soon! I was told this on the phone to T Mobile the other day when I was complaining about the poor coverage for my mobile dongle... the man said now we've taken over Orange we have all the masts of theirs too and they'll be running for our customers soon too.. Anyway I diversify...

Im with T Mobile I pay £10 a month and get free internet, free texts, 300 daytime mins a month and all calls after 7pm till midnight free and from Fri 7pm till Sunday midnight calls are free too.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2010, 12:51 PM

Thanks All!

Cassie - I rang TMobile up (as they seem to be the cheapest lol) and asked them if they had any deals for £10 a month. (sim-only)

They said they could do 600 mins, unlimited texts and broadband for a tenner a month so long as I sign up to 12 months - it's usually 100 minutes and 500 texts... so that seems pretty good!

I don't use the mobile that much, but would like to get as many mins as possible just in case
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2010, 01:44 PM

Thats good Azz.. There's a rolling 30day contract sin too but there's not so many mins available. I've always preferred a short contract as I get a new phone free each time. I've been with T Mob about 10yrs now & when I took out a dreaded Vodafone contract a few yrs ago I stuck my T Mob onto payg to keep continuity them when I dumped Vodafone T Mobile offered me the world practically lol
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

20-07-2010, 02:39 PM

That's sommin I was gonna ask them actually - maybe you will know the answer.

If I took out this 12month contract, then after the year is up could I put my number onto payg? And then what would happen if I didn't 'top it up' (or did say once a year).

Reason I ask is I have a really good number, and don't want to lose it - even if I get a new contract at some point or even revert to my other number (which I don't pay any line rental on).

Also, you mentioned their reception - how good/bad is it?
Cassie
West Wales

20-07-2010, 05:20 PM

Yes, once you've honoured your contract time you can ask to go onto any method of payment you wish.. either get a new phone, new deal and another contract or keep the phone and get the same contract at a fiver less or lose the contract totally and go payg but the number is yours. The rolling 30 day contract is worth looking at too as you're only committed to 30 days at a time and can stop at any point.
You can take a number with you to TMob too if you get the magic code from the previous supplier

Reception I have always found to be excellent with the exception of this house as its extremely secluded and hidden in trees. Once down in the village and onwards its top banana.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

20-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Thanks Cassie - I will confirm it when they ring me up in a few weeks... and quite possibly go with them

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top