Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 05:39 PM

Re: Would I Lie To You? Any Fans of the Show on Here?

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Humour is very subjective - some of the comedians mentioned on this thread make me cringe and I expect some of my favourite comedians make other people cringe.

I love watching Lee Mack - I find David Mitchell and Rob Brydon quite amusing too - and quite a few of their regular guests on Would I lie to you are very entertaining too. I always enjoy watching this programme - even the old repeats on Dave.

HIGNFY is also amusing - though I think Paul Merton lost his edge some years ago.
HIGNFY has been really poor and hard work in the last couple of weeks. Previously with Joan Bakewell and that northern woman with the ugly accent who does the tedious morning news show on BBC1, and that terrible one last night with Reggie "The Simpleton" Hunter.

But fortunately Would I Lie to You is still "producing the goods" after all these years. Such a joy and tonic.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 06:36 PM

I had never seen this show - until last night. My friend was watching it when I returned her Westie - so I stayed to watch it too - and enjoyed it. Have to admire the quick wittedness of the participants.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I had never seen this show - until last night. My friend was watching it when I returned her Westie - so I stayed to watch it too - and enjoyed it. Have to admire the quick wittedness of the participants.
It is very funny & I have to admit that I have had tears of laughter rolling down my face on occasions.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well, you'll have to start paying more attention to my posts. I've got no sympathy for you!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 10:58 PM

Fortunately I can watch it on youtube.One of the funniest shows around.The team captains and chairman are always good and when you get a guest like Bob Mortimer it goes up another gear
Auds11
New Member!
DUNBARTONSHIRE, UK
Auds11 is female 

10-11-2018, 11:34 PM

I love Would I lie to you, Lee Mack is brilliant with his quick wit but I also find Rob Bryden funny and very underrated. We all have our own taste in comedians but in my opinion it's one of the funniest shows on tv.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 12:16 PM

This is a programme l don’t normally watch but because there is a thread on it, l decided to download one episode.
Yes, it’s funny enough but not really laugh out loud for me!
Jo Brand was on it and she was brilliantly funny. She is very natural and so nonchalant!
Gravitas
North England

11-11-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This is a programme l don’t normally watch but because there is a thread on it, l decided to download one episode.
Yes, it’s funny enough but not really laugh out loud for me!
Jo Brand was on it and she was brilliantly funny. She is very natural and so nonchalant!
You were unlucky getting a Jo Brand one. Check out another.

If you have the Dave Channel they have old ones on all the time. You have been missing out.

If you still don't like it you may be suffering with depression. In which case, see your doctor.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 02:30 PM

Wilty? One of the funniest and most entertaining of the comedy progs on tv. Many of the series I have watched on more than one occasion. I love the interaction between David & Lee. Many of the team players such as Bob Mortimer are worth the license fee alone. Well they would be if I paid a licence fee.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
You were unlucky getting a Jo Brand one. Check out another.

If you have the Dave Channel they have old ones on all the time. You have been missing out.

If you still don't like it you may be suffering with depression. In which case, see your doctor.
SOS... ls there a doctor in the house?

Gravitas... but l did laugh but not like how you laugh....you laugh like a demented hyena!

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top