Join for free
Page 7 of 33 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 01:26 PM

Re: Trump - The Long Goodbye

He also sexually assaulted one of his staffers by getting her up against a wall and putting his fingers up her.

Biden is a disgusting pervert and sex pest.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Who would you say is more civilised - Trump or Biden?
That's a no brainer.

See post #61 above.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 02:31 PM

Who would you say is more civilised - Trump or Biden?
It depends on a definition of "civilise" but I'll go with this one:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/civilise#English

civilise (third-person singular simple present civilises, present participle civilising, simple past and past participle civilised)
  • To educate or enlighten a person or people to a perceived higher standard of behaviour.
  • To introduce or impose the standards of one civilisation upon another civilization, group or person, arguably with the intent of achieving a perceived higher standard of behavior.
  • To bringfrom a state of savagery to an educated or refined state.
Immediately, it becomes clear that certain words DO NOT apply to Trump - educate, enlighten, higher, standard, behaviour - but DO apply to Biden .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It depends on a definition of "civilise" but I'll go with this one:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/civilise#English

Immediately, it becomes clear that certain words DO NOT apply to Trump - educate, enlighten, higher, standard, behaviour - but DO apply to Biden .....
Another word that does not apply to Trump - creep.

As for the rest, that is very subjective.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 02:47 PM

"Behaviour" applies to Biden you say?
Along with "educated" and "standards"?
After the posts above?

Only if you put the word "inappropriate" in front of "behaviour" & "standards", and "but misinformed" after "educated".

Biden is certainly no saint.
Oh and BTW, Trump has a degree in economics after studying at the University of Pennsylvania so I'm not sure why you might think that Biden is somehow better-educated?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 02:58 PM

Trump is pro-life.

Biden blew up most of the Middle East with his mate Obama killing thousands among people.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 06:04 PM

He used to be pro choice, he used to be a democrat.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 07:38 PM

It always amuses me how people choose when to go along with a bit of muck spreading, and when to ignore it.

Everyone knows journalists spend their time looking for something that sells newspapers, preferably a big dirty slur on someone.
They spend most of their working life lurking about, day and night, long range lenses, hidden microphones etc, doing their darndest to find some dirt and scandal.

Then we eventually read the results of their work.
If we like the person at the receiving end, we tend to defend them.
If we never liked them in the first place, we are delighted to see them defamed.

Wouldn't be Trump supporters doing their best to shame Biden by any chance, would it?

I think those pictures don't look anywhere near as evil as some are delighted to make it out to be.
None of us were there at the time, know the cirumstances that led up to the pictures, but are just happy to leap on the anti-Biden bandwagon as quickly as possible.

Look at how quickly people say in other threads about how sad it is now, having to watch how we describe black people, or fat people, or people on benefits, yet not many think it is sad that we also can't touch anymore either.
Surely not every 'touch' to another human has to be sick, or sexual, or degrading?

If so, I would soon be arrested, because I am an affectionate person and always have been.
However, there is a world of difference between a comforting, or affectionate, or friendly 'touch' than a sordid sexual grope!
So if I disappear anytime, it might be because I have been carted off - after being publicly shamed of course - for hugging someone.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 07:44 PM

He used to be pro choice, he used to be a democrat.
Please explain to me how such a supposedly pro choice pro-Irish president could square his beliefs with that of one of the most strict abortion laws on the planet?
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
With no disrespect to our lovely Scottish members ......

Thanks for that Mags!

Page 7 of 33 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top