Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:05 PM

This should prove interesting …

What would your reaction be if it was you being informed of this requirement by your employer?

"Publisher Bloomsbury says vaccines will be compulsory for UK staff returning to its offices when they reopen."

"The Harry Potter publisher's decision comes as many firms weigh up the necessity of workforce vaccinations.

The government has announced that care home workers in England will be required to have a vaccination or risk losing their jobs."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57481895
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:13 PM

Re: This should prove interesting …

I can easily imagine that companies really want to minimise the risk of their employees having to go off sick so soon after re-opening.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:18 PM

I well remember having to have a vaccination certificate regarding yellow fever to enter some countries. As it is back when having moved to project management and schlepping around the world having to have a whole load of stuff shoved into me - it was part of the job. You want the pay and rations - then march to the drum.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I well remember having to have a vaccination certificate regarding yellow fever to enter some countries. As it is back when having moved to project management and schlepping around the world having to have a whole load of stuff shoved into me - it was part of the job. You want the pay and rations - then march to the drum.
Well said Todger
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
"Publisher Bloomsbury says vaccines will be compulsory for UK staff returning to its offices when they reopen."

Do we have an account of the situation from Bloomsbury itself? The media like to bury any mitigating information in the body of the story. It tends to undermine the headline if people see it before the've bought the newspaper, or clicked on the link. I would hate to get all worked up for nothing.

The government has announced that care home workers in England will be required to have a vaccination or risk losing their jobs."
That makes sense. The lesser of two evils is how I'd look at it.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:48 PM

That’s fine making it compulsory, certainly in care homes, but if someone has a bad reaction to the vaccine and has to have a few days off, then, in some cases they won’t be paid,
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:49 PM

I can see other companies following suit, depending on how this goes.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:57 PM

Personally I'd like to see it compulsory across the country AND a vaccination passport and ideally as a run in to national ID cards.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I can see other companies following suit, depending on how this goes.....

Yes, I think that will happen too, Pixie.

They were saying on the news that if some care staff still refuse the vaccine though, they will either end up walking out, or getting the sack, which will create another problem - staff shortages.

Also will they be entitled to any pay-off if they have to leave, and if so, who coughs up - the employer, or the government?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

18-06-2021, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I think that will happen too, Pixie.

They were saying on the news that if some care staff still refuse the vaccine though, they will either end up walking out, or getting the sack, which will create another problem - staff shortages.

Also will they be entitled to any pay-off if they have to leave, and if so, who coughs up - the employer, or the government?
If done properly - neither. There are always ways to get shot of dead wood.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top