Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 12:14 PM

Re: Something not right here!!

The rules are there for all to see. The reason why there is so much confusion is because the police are not actively enforcing the rules. If the police are not seen enforcing the law people start to think it is ok to do things when it is not.

The police will only enforce covid laws if a) they think it's in the best interest of the public to do so and b) if it's safe to do so.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 12:58 PM

As already mentioned it’s not just Ascot or the rich and famous.

It’s market day here and it’s like covid never happened
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:03 PM

I think we have to get used to the idea that now so many are vaccinated, where possible each person makes their own risk assessment.

If you want to go out in the crowds that is your choice, mine is to carry on with my mask and social distancing regardless of what others choose to do.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think we have to get used to the idea that now so many are vaccinated, where possible each person makes their own risk assessment.

If you want to go out in the crowds that is your choice, mine is to carry on with my mask and social distancing regardless of what others choose to do.
Couldn't agree more! Although some people do take umbrage if you ask them to step back a bit when in a queue
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I've had both my vaccinations and still I wear a mask and adhere to social distancing because the vaccinations are not 100% proof, people can still catch the virus, the only difference with us who have had the vaccinations is that it wont affect us as bad as if we hadn't had it.

The government need to accept that covid-19 and all it's variants is here to stay. It is the new Flu which also has it's many variants. The flu kills thousands of people a year and hospitalises thousands more but yet the government does not go into lockdown for it because they know that the flu is party of society and as such the country has learnt how to deal with the flu when it happens. The government just need to stop scaring everyone and begin to accept that covid-19 is the new flu and that the country has to work with it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top