Join for free
Page 2 of 55 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 09:22 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Wales (part 5)

Late on parade this morning, didn't wake up until 8 am! Off to Church in a bit - we're all devastated to learn that we're losing our Vicar, he's been a ball of fire in the area! Rob's girlfriend is coming up for the day, so I think I'll try and book us lunch somewhere................

Glad you're feeling better Celyn, sleep is a wonderful healer.

Did you watch the Match? Went over to son's place, but we obviously didn't cheer loud enough for our boys. Never mind, they're through to the quarter finals.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 10:35 AM

Youngest grandson slept over last night,he's going home soon. This afternoon going to watch my friend's granddaughter playing her first proper game of rugby.Thank goodness it's not raining!Don't think I've ever watched women's rugby match!
Enjoyed the game yesterday but grandson kept telling me not to shout.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 10:54 AM

Hi Celyn glad to hear your feeling better today. I bought some pansies so that's all the pots filled for the winter. Sue enjoy your lunch out today with Rob and his girlfriend. I want to try and finish tidying the back garden before it gets to cold.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 12:23 PM

I'm getting there, a few degrees under but I don't do unwell. I must say it was a really well fought match. I messengered my grandaughter to stop doing her homework to cheer Wales. I had a message from her mum that I was a bad example as a grandmother Both teams hungry to win, and we can't grumble at our boys performance. Anyone who does I suggest they go out and run around after a rugby ball, getting batthered and bashed for 80 mins, and see how they are feeling. Girls rugby, interesting. I have seen it on TV. Not sure how I would react to my grandaughter playing Rugby. Have a good day with Rob's g'friend, Sweetsue. Nice day for a meal out.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 12:38 PM

Glad you are on the mend Celyn and enjoy lunch Sue
The TV lady said that daughter was in the last 5 women but lost out by a point or two .
My polyanthas are blooming again in my pots , must think its spring !!!
Quite warm today , overcast but have got my window wide open and washing out so hope for the best
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 05:11 PM

Yep washing drying here, and windows and doors open with central heating blasting out (for carers and Michael)

Do you know what your daughter had to do to be selected? Its a good thing she wasnt selected because I think you have to be slightly contraversial to be on there. They don't want Mrs Nice, they want Mrs going to mouth it off
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 05:25 PM

Celyn , they came to the house and filmed her for over an hour , poked about in all her rooms and she even sang an Elvis song for them (mind boggles ) but she did say she would sit on the fence rather than upset anyone and that she didn't like any bad feeling so that's maybe why she didn't get on , She is glad now even though she would have liked to have the experience. She has now joined a Belly -dancing class and a Yoga class !!!
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 05:31 PM

Had a few light showers here today, put the heating a little while ago as its starting to feel cold.Jac I don't think I could do with people poking around the house.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 07:17 PM

Bit of a drama just as I was loading Rob up to go to lunch. DIL rang to ask if I was doing anything. Could I pick up Jamie from rugby as she had to take Chris to hospital for an Xray, looked like he'd bust his collarbone. (Not playing rugby, just messing about on the side lines, slipped and put out his hand to save himself!) I explained what I was doing so she arranged for someone else to bring Jamie home, so they managed without me. Poor little dab has bust it (!) so it looks like he'll be coming to Nana for the week instead of school.

Had a lovely lunch (eventually). Ness was delayed on the Bridge so we didn't actually eat until nearly 2 o'clock. But it was delicious and we are totally stuffed so sat and watched the rugby all afternoon.

Let's see if I can remember how to put a pic up (tonight's sunset).
Celyn
Hampshire

11-10-2015, 10:45 PM

OMGosh. I hate them to poke arouind in my house!!! I could only sing Baa Baa Black Sheep. The one thing my Welsh heritage didn't give me, was a singing voice.

Oh dear, poor Chris. I bet Nanna will give him a good week though to compensate.

Page 2 of 55 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top