Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 03:23 PM

Re: Christmas Lunch.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Go for it Swimmy if it makes you happy .

Gone are the days when the 'Christmas dinner' was special because food of any kind was in short supply, now food is readily available rather than a novelty and many can have exactly what they want to eat any day.
BAH! HUMBUG!

Donkeyman!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 05:05 PM

I will be glad when l can take my just over nine months old turkey out of my freezer, as it’s taking up too much room!

That will be our Christmas dinner with a gammon joint too.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 06:58 PM

My son-in-law is cooking... I bought a turkey crown so we will definitely be having turkey..... he will probably do pork or as he is a farmers son and they breed lamb.... might be lamb. It will be lovely whatever
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 08:14 PM

As I am not a fan at all of Turkey, also It's just me, so I have gone for a Scallop & Prawn Bisque to start, then a Guinea Fowl with all the trimmings, bar sprouts (yuck) a Yule Log with cream if I have enough room to finish. I have also got a Cheese Board with Grapes and Port if I so desire later. All this for little old me, but once cooked will last a couple of days or more, unlike the Champagne
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 08:25 PM

As I’m not cooking I don’t care what I eat .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 08:41 PM

For the first time ever - except when my dear Mum used to cook for us - I have been invited out for Christmas dinner.

My son has got a lovely girlfriend, a nurse from our local hospital. I do believe for the first time in his life, he is in love!
It is a joy to see.

Anyhow, she has invited me over to have Christmas dinner with them and her parents and her two sons.
I am chuffed to bits and really looking forward to such a lovely treat this year.
My son is picking me up, so I haven't even got to drive.

We are having a full traditional Christmas dinner, plus starters and pud. I know this, because they sent me a copy menu the other night.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 09:03 PM

That’s great Mups you will have a lovely time
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
For the first time ever - except when my dear Mum used to cook for us - I have been invited out for Christmas dinner.

My son has got a lovely girlfriend, a nurse from our local hospital. I do believe for the first time in his life, he is in love!
It is a joy to see.

Anyhow, she has invited me over to have Christmas dinner with them and her parents and her two sons.
I am chuffed to bits and really looking forward to such a lovely treat this year.
My son is picking me up, so I haven't even got to drive.

We are having a full traditional Christmas dinner, plus starters and pud. I know this, because they sent me a copy menu the other night.
That sounds lovely have a great time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 11:10 PM

Thanks Muddy & Kazz.
Really looking forward to it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 11:56 PM

Am seeing my Daughter CD and she is cooking

And she mentioned Lemon Meringue pie.

Always had this as a child and she is looking up how to cook it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top