Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 06:48 PM

Easy Mini Cheesecakes.

Hi everyone, I made these last night and they came out lovely. I used Muffin cases to fill them. Unfortunately, I only had frozen raspberries available so defrosted them and dried them off in kitchen paper before using them as decoration for the tops. I also used Rich Tea biscuits for the base as I’m almost sure they are the British equivalent to the foreign Marie biscuits shown on the video. If they’re not, they still worked a treat anyway.
With the cream cheese, the recipe says 2 x 8oz blocks of Philadelphia Cream Cheese but I could only get larger packs so weighed out the amount needed.

I’ve finished my diet now so I am going to treat myself to one after dinner this evening, HWMO will no doubt have two, that still leaves nine in the fridge. Oooh, the temptation…..

Here with the recipe. Preheat oven to 325F / 150 Fan / Gas 3. Bake for 20-22 minutes.

FOR THE BASE
4.9oz Rich Tea biscuits (1.˝ cups)
2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
5 Tablespoons melted Butter

FOR THE CREAM CHEESE
2 x 8oz packs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese,
2 x Eggs (Large or Medium)
˝ Teaspoon of Vanilla
3oz (85g) Granulated Sugar

Please watch the Video below for easy instructions.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:00 PM

Re: Easy Mini Cheesecakes.

They look absolutely delicious! You will have to stop posting recipes for all this delicious-looking food SG, it's making me feel really hungry!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:02 PM

These look lovely, SG, and the video shows how easy it is to make them.

I hope you enjoy!

I'm not too sweet-toothed so do you think I could omit the sugar in the base?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Mmmm... they look delicious SG

Naughty but nice!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
They look absolutely delicious! You will have to stop posting all this delicious-looking food,
it's making me feel really hungry!
That's what makes me want to make them Baz! I should really stay off YouTube.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:07 PM

Yummy. Problem; they would not last long enough to take the photo. :-d
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:08 PM

They look absolutely delicious! You will have to stop posting recipes for all this delicious-looking food SG, it's making me feel really hungry!
Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That's what makes me want to make them Baz! I should really stay off YouTube.
Nearly caught you out, you only just about managed to put that to rights SG.
Lucky you are quick isn't it!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-03-2020, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
These look lovely, SG, and the video shows how easy it is to make them.

I hope you enjoy!

I'm not too sweet-toothed so do you think I could omit the sugar in the base?
Oh dear LT, forgive me, but I am the last person to ask when it comes to added sugar. I am not a competent baker like others on here, I find a recipe (usually on YouTube), follow it to a tee, and if it comes out great, it goes into my "do it again" file, but as to whether or not with any of the ingredients, I'm sorry, but I just don't know the answer.
I'm pretty sure there are clever cooks/bakers on here who would be able to tell you whether you could cut out the sugar or perhaps what to use as an alternative.

Sorry cannot be more help LT, but wouldn't like to advise you to omit an ingredient and then have the cheesecake come out tasting different to how it did for me.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-03-2020, 10:11 AM

Nearly caught you out, you only just about managed to put that to rights SG.
Lucky you are quick isn't it!
You know me so well! that's what I get for reading the replies and automatically assuming it was someone else's contribution. Too quick for you that time Baz!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-03-2020, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yummy. Problem; they would not last long enough to take the photo. :-d
They do look lovely don't they. One thing that puzzles me though whenever I see pics/videos such as this one.

Why do people decorate with Strawberries with the leaf still stuck in it? It's not edible after all, and who doesn't hull their strawberries before eating them??? What is it with this fad of leaving the leafy bit on the strawberry? Yuk, I wouldn't, no matter how pretty the green part makes the picture look.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top