Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 10:45 PM

Next Christmas?

I was just thinking how do you think the world will look by Christmas time?

We will have defeated the Covid pandemic.
We will all be back to chatting about Brexit again.
There will be loads of loo roll in the shops but nobody will be buying more than one pack of four.
There will be sharp increase in the divorce rate.
Several members will be prospective grandparents
Our borders will be closed permanently
The air will be far cleaner
Our manufacturing sector will be back up and running
The NHS will be the number one priority again
We will never walk into a supermarket without feeling kindness and gratitude to the staff there.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 10:55 PM

Re: Next Christmas?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was just thinking how do you think the world will look by Christmas time?

We will have defeated the Covid pandemic.
We will all be back to chatting about Brexit again.
There will be loads of loo roll in the shops but nobody will be buying more than one pack of four.
There will be sharp increase in the divorce rate.
Several members will be prospective grandparents
Our borders will be closed permanently
The air will be far cleaner
Our manufacturing sector will be back up and running
The NHS will be the number one priority again
We will never walk into a supermarket without feeling kindness and gratitude to the staff there.
I've been thinking about that too, I was looking at the Christmas presents I already bought as I bought quite a few presents in the sales and I'm thinking of wrapping them just in case I don't make it, morbid I know but its reality.

The same loo rolls will be on the shelves for more than a year lol.

I also was thinking I bet there are lots of arguments being cooped up together all the time so I too reckon the divorce rate will go up. But, I hope I'm wrong in that and the pandemic brings couples closer together realizing that they may have lost their partners.

I have a friend whose husband is usually not romantic and she was telling me today that he's gone all mushy, it may be making him realize how much he does care for his wife.

I just hope at Christmas time we are all here still chatting away and we lose none of our OFF family.

Be safe Annie x
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 11:05 PM

Lovely thoughts ,but I cannot talk of of the C word even in these straightened times .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 11:06 PM

It's a weird feeling not being able to plan ahead, not even three weeks from now, let alone Christmas. None of us have any idea what life will be like.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's a weird feeling not being able to plan ahead, not even three weeks from now, let alone Christmas. None of us have any idea what life will be like.
No, we don't, we have to wait & see, keep calm & carry on as best as we can.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 01:47 PM

Maybe we should hoard some of the loo rolls to give as Christmas gifts??!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Maybe we should hoard some of the loo rolls to give as Christmas gifts??!!
It's a shame we don't still have crepe paper decorations, we could use them as loo paper!
I got myself so upset thinking about next Christmas I couldn't sleep last night for ages.
I'll make some presents throughout the year, if we can buy other stuff then it will be an extra gift. Also it will use up some of my stash of craft, wool and fabric.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's a shame we don't still have crepe paper decorations, we could use them as loo paper!
I got myself so upset thinking about next Christmas I couldn't sleep last night for ages.
I'll make some presents throughout the year, if we can buy other stuff then it will be an extra gift. Also it will use up some of my stash of craft, wool and fabric.
Tissue paper would make good loo paper too, the craft shops will be stripped of it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 04:35 PM

I think you've missed something off your list AnnieS: an impending shortage of maternity beds.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I think you've missed something off your list AnnieS: an impending shortage of maternity beds.
Yep - there could be a good few Christmas babes!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top