Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 06:36 AM

Re: House Flies Invasion!

I've been spraying them with Raid - it doesn't do any good whatsoever. I don't know if the ingredients have changed or the flies have become immune - anyone know an effective spray?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes we have had them too Ted. Also, all the cars in the car park were covered in them today.
Why aren't they in Houses?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I've been spraying them with Raid - it doesn't do any good whatsoever. I don't know if the ingredients have changed or the flies have become immune - anyone know an effective spray?
Hairspray eccles, It gums up their wings and they drop like.....'Well Flies!' And it smells nice too....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You mean to tell me that even with all those cobwebs of yours you're still infested with flies?

As an aside, I've got myself an `insectocutor` for the kitchen. There's a certain satisfaction to be had hearing it give out a loud `crack` when one of things flies into it.

Yes. Good here innit.

My friend has got one of those things you just said, but she don't like the smell of the frying flies.

I won't use any fly sprays, hate the smell of them.

Anyway, no way do I want to spray those chemicals around in my home. The spray falls onto worktops, dogs water bowl & toys, the floors etc, they don't only hit the fly.

Many years ago I had a wasp spray, but stopped using it because the wasps didn't die instantly. They would just start going crazy and zooming about everywhere, and I felt either me, or the dogs were very likely to get stung.

I swear by the quick, clean and chemical free little 'hoover' thing, or a good old fashioned Swat.
The insect sucker-upper is brill for wasps, bees, moths, spiders, flies . . anything.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/20455/Spi...Insect-Catcher
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hairspray eccles, It gums up their wings and they drop like.....'Well Flies!' And it smells nice too....
Ha! Ha! OGF, not only gum their wings but blocks their breathing
tubes too, so double effective!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes. Good here innit.

My friend has got one of those things you just said, but she don't like the smell of the frying flies.

Anyway, no way do I want to spray those chemicals around in my home. The spray falls onto worktops, dogs water bowl & toys, the floors etc, they don't only hit the fly.

Many years ago I had a wasp spray, but stopped using it because the wasps didn't die instantly. They would just start going crazy and zooming about everywhere, and I felt either me, or the dogs were very likely to get stung.

I swear by the quick, clean and chemical free little 'hoover' thing, or a good old fashioned Swat.
The insect sucker-upper is brill for wasps, bees, moths, spiders, flies . . anything.

All the above Mups !!
Do you remember the the fly papers we used to hang from the
ceiling??
Very decorative too!!

Donkeyman! 😁😁😁
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes. Good here innit.

On your recommendation Mupsy we bought one of those 'Hoover' things from Lakeland and it's brilliant! There are many flying, walking, and crawling things that owe their life to you Mups.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-08-2020, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Ha! Ha! OGF, not only gum their wings but blocks their breathing
tubes too, so double effective!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
But they die with tidy hair Donkeyman......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:16 PM

Bless this House, don't time Fly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
On your recommendation Mupsy we bought one of those 'Hoover' things from Lakeland and it's brilliant! There are many flying, walking, and crawling things that owe their life to you Mups.....

Glad you're pleased with it Foxy. I'd be lost without mine.

The additional piece of tube is handy too, to extend it when an insect is high up the window/wall.
The battery lasts for ages too, I've only had to replace it once, and this is the third year of use.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top