Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 02:46 PM

Re: Trickle Battery Chargers

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
If it costs you very little to run and you’re not into up to date Models, then keep it until it cost too much in repairs, the only problem is if the engine is not the latest in low emissions for the ulez targets that some major cities are now turning to so if you drive into one of these zones then you may have to pay a big charge ( fine) , but you can always use p&r
Hi Primus the only emissions zones I encounter these days are those filled with what comes from the rear end of cattle I will no longer be driving in large towns or on motorways just near home. If I need to drive any distance family will take me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 02:33 PM

I bought a trickle charger a CTEK MXS 5.0 and having persuaded a socially distancing Halfords man to attach the 'comfort leads' (O rings that stay attached) to the battery the charger has done a great job and the battery has charged.

A flat battery is one thing less to worry about this winter

Thank you everyone for your input.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 06:06 PM

Glad you’ve taken charge meg
( I’ll get me coat)
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I bought a trickle charger a CTEK MXS 5.0 and having persuaded a socially distancing Halfords man to attach the 'comfort leads' (O rings that stay attached) to the battery the charger has done a great job and the battery has charged.

A flat battery is one thing less to worry about this winter

Thank you everyone for your input.
I am pleased you now have a fully charged battery and the means to keep it that way :thumbup:
My only concern is with Halfords and the exorbitant way they mark their prices up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-09-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I am pleased you now have a fully charged battery and the means to keep it that way :thumbup:
My only concern is with Halfords and the exorbitant way they mark their prices up.
Thank you LD most places with the exception of Amazon seem to charge the same or more I checked and I specifically chose Halfords because there is a branch near here and having read the conflicting advice on whether or not the negative cable should be attached to the battery or the car chassis I thought I might need help.
I did and the Halfords man connected the O ring comfort lead for free so I don't need to use the crock clips or fiddle about attaching leads to the battery so I am happy with that .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top