Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 02:24 PM

Messy painters.

Before I even to start to paint my intended surface I manage to get paint everywhere .

I take the lid off the paint and straight away have paint on my hands,
..I stir the paint and now is all down the side of the tin, on the table it my garage, more on my hands, a bit on my sleeve where I have pulled it up at the elbow and the odd splash on my face and front

Am I just a messy beggar are are other people the same .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 02:29 PM

Re: Messy painters.

Yep, that's me too!
I was painting trellis in the "porch" outside my back door when it was raining. I got paint everywhere, ruined my comfy trews, even knocked the can over and it went everywhere.

The trellis looks good though!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yep, that's me too!
I was painting trellis in the "porch" outside my back door when it was raining. I got paint everywhere, ruined my comfy trews, even knocked the can over and it went everywhere.

It's good to know I am not alone Tessa
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 03:22 PM

You are not alone Meg, I just have to look at the tin....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 03:33 PM

I was painting my 5ft fence panels recently and I'm quite tidy and dont make much mess . Usually a few splashes on my specs and arms . A Male friend offered a helping hand as I had 15 to do . I was delighted so he started on the other side . After half an hour I put my head around the fence , he was practically sand coloured , his face and arms covered and the mess on the pavement , I couldn't help but laugh . I had hardly a splash on me .

Not going to accept anymore offers of help again
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yep, that's me too!

In the past, I've hung an old bed sheet on the wall and the trellis in front of that. Then used a can of spray paint to paint it. No mess, no bother, not much cleaning up afterwards.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 05:02 PM

I always get paint on my hands when painting and very often, also on my clothes. I haven’t managed to get it down the side of the tin ........ yet!

I enjoy painting but have yet to learn how to be a clean painter!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 05:30 PM

Yes. That’s me. Then I get some of the soles of my slippers and trail it over the house. I’ve decided I dislike painting.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
In the past, I've hung an old bed sheet on the wall and the trellis in front of that. Then used a can of spray paint to paint it. No mess, no bother, not much cleaning up afterwards.
Now he tells me!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

30-08-2020, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I always get paint on my hands when painting and very often, also on my clothes. I haven’t managed to get it down the side of the tin ........ yet!

I enjoy painting but have yet to learn how to be a clean painter!
My excuse is, if the tin's covered in paint I can find it easier in the shed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top