Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:08 PM

Re: Blenders?

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I have a good working Moulinex that dates back at least 45yrs. It was bought to help mix our last daughter's milk formula which was National Dried and a pig to mix thoroughly by hand. It has a slight leak again from the spindle so I'll be repacking the gland again sometime soon. I can't remember the price but my wife seems to think it was under a fiver, so money well spent
Ah! replacing the spindle sounds just right up my street! Is it easy? It's the spindle that's leaking some black stuff which is very annoying when it spatters over the kitchen worktop. Is there a website you'd recommend for spares? I can't believe I have such a gem and at 20 years mine is young relative to yours!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I use a Magic Bullet from Argos, It does a good job, I'm heavily into fruit and green smoothies and I wouldn't be without mine. Nutribullets are good too but more expensive.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8358...lenders:5:67:1
I have something similar by Breville, but the moulinex is handy for soups and sauces. The best thing about the Breville is that the bottles they provide are great at storing leftovers in the fridge without taking up room.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:47 PM

Annie, I have a bone to pick with you, I'm thinking I want a bigger and better blender now lol.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:54 PM

I'd be lost without my blender - Kenwood - use it at least once a week to make soups.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-09-2020, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Annie, I have a bone to pick with you, I'm thinking I want a bigger and better blender now lol.
Haha LQ! This thread must seem a bit like the tv shopping channels! "when it's gone it's gone!" and all that.

But if you want to blend soups and sauce then a hand blender is just as good. Be careful of the hot splatters though!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-09-2020, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I'd be lost without my blender - Kenwood - use it at least once a week to make soups.
I did look at a Kenwood ST but they do not recommend hot food blending. The older models seemed to be more versatile.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:40 PM

I use one of these - a `Ninja` chopper and blender. Similar I suppose to LQ's Magic Bullet. My Ninja is very powerful and easily chops ice with no problem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-NJ100...205923&sr=8-13
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-09-2020, 10:48 PM

Looking at that design Judd I'm having to suppress some of the smutty jokes coming to mind!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I did look at a Kenwood ST but they do not recommend hot food blending. The older models seemed to be more versatile.
Mine is an ancient model with a pyrex jug - so no problem with hot stuff.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ah! replacing the spindle sounds just right up my street! Is it easy? It's the spindle that's leaking some black stuff which is very annoying when it spatters over the kitchen worktop. Is there a website you'd recommend for spares? I can't believe I have such a gem and at 20 years mine is young relative to yours!
I am not aware of any spares available. I strip the spindle out and then repack as I reassemble .. think of a stuffing box on a BS1010 stopcock that needs repacking. I use graphite flake and fine synthetic sewing thread bound up with food grade silicone oil. That maintenance should last for several years depending on usage.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top