Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:24 PM

Re: EU warns UK of cheap food after brexit!!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Nothing Brucy! But Charles Michele of the eu commission seems to
think we will have a problem with it??
I think it is the eu that has the problem, not us!!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Not so sure about that Assman, this forum is full of people having problems with what the members of the EU are saying.

To cheer them up here is a picture of the Milky Way with Europe:

...and here is a picture of the Milky Way without Europe:

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Not so sure about that Assman, this forum is full of people having problems with what the members of the EU are saying.

To cheer them up here is a picture of the Milky Way with Europe:

...and here is a picture of the Milky Way without Europe:

Im not sure of the relevance of that Brucy??
As l cant even see the solar system in that stunning picture of our
universe !!
Maybe it illustrates the insignificance of mankind??

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Exactly right and we are imposing Tariffs on food.

If we get FTAs with the likes of New Zealand and Australia the price of beef and lamb will come down, but not until we get those FTAs
You are so right Swimmy. Slightly off topic with apologies, but I look forward to the day that meat prices come down. I have forgotten what Lamb tastes like!! Not because I cannot afford it but it is sold at a ridiculous price. Anything from £14 kg at the supermarket, I blanche whenever I see the butchers' prices.

Living in Shropshire I know for a fact it is not the farmers making the profit, so just who is? who are the middle men coining it in that something that is so in abundance grazing in our fields here in Shropshire and Wales, is costing so much to the consumer by the time it reaches the counters. I really think there should be an enquiry into it.
Perhaps with some competition from Australia and New Zealand these profiteers will be outed. It used to be Beef classed as a luxury but someone somewhere in the chain is making an obscene profit. I only wish I knew who?

Apologies once again going off topic.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The price of Australian and New Zealand wine ( I buy it anyway) is cheaper than French so they can stuff their wine .
nZ lamb is also cheaper maybe we should buy meat from Australia - save the poor things going to the Middle East live meat trade.

What do we have to offer ?

IMO we should open more medical schools .

Our methods are the best let people come here to learn .
We offer to pay for it Muddy ! What more is needed??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

30-09-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You are so right Swimmy. Slightly off topic with apologies, but I look forward to the day that meat prices come down. I have forgotten what Lamb tastes like!! Not because I cannot afford it but it is sold at a ridiculous price. Anything from £14 kg at the supermarket, I blanche whenever I see the butchers' prices.

Living in Shropshire I know for a fact it is not the farmers making the profit, so just who is? who are the middle men coining it in that something that is so in abundance grazing in our fields here in Shropsh!
ire and Wales, is costing so much to the consumer by the time it reaches the counters. I really think there should be an enquiry into it.
Perhaps with some competition from Australia and New Zealand these profiteers will be outed. It used to be Beef classed as a luxury but someone somewhere in the chain is making an obscene profit. I only wish I knew who?

Apologies once again going off topic.
It will be explained by distribution and storage costs etc,etc, SG !!
I doubt we will see the benefit of any GOOD DEALS we might make??
As you say, between farmer and consumer is a very long added value
chain!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 02:29 PM

I would imagine that in Charles's mind he means inferior food rather than cheap food. Personally I don't think it will cause us a problem. A lot of stuff we import from places like Spain and France is tasteless rubbish by the time we get to eat it anyway. Homegrown is the way to go. We just need someone with the balls to put Britain first - in all things, not just food.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would imagine that in Charles's mind he means inferior food rather than cheap food. Personally I don't think it will cause us a problem. A lot of stuff we import from places like Spain and France is tasteless rubbish by the time we get to eat it anyway. Homegrown is the way to go. We just need someone with the balls to put Britain first - in all things, not just food.
Hi

We do not have the land or the climate to feed ourselves.

Price is also a factor, land is cheaper in some EU Countries and they have a much longer growing season.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

30-09-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We do not have the land or the climate to feed ourselves.

Price is also a factor, land is cheaper in some EU Countries and they have a much longer growing season.
And slave labour from N.Africa Swimmy! Dont forget that?
Thats what EU open borders was all about??

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

30-09-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I expect your right LD, But why should he worry about englanders??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I expect your right LD, But why should he worry about englanders??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Anything to stop us leaving Donkeyman.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top