Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 10:27 PM

Re: Thank goodness for having a dashcam

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
not us this time thankfully

taken with camcorder of display on action on playback
Transfering the coordinates to Google maps is a clever idea isn't it? My Garmin has a similar app though apart from when I first got it I haven't used it. My sat nav records the the same information and I don't have to share the info with Mr Google (or the satnav manufacturer.

I always obey the speed limit especially in heavy traffic - 100kph in this case driving near Stonehenge

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Transfering the coordinates to Google maps is a clever idea isn't it? My Garmin has a similar app though apart from when I first got it I haven't used it. My sat nav records the the same information and I don't have to share the info with Mr Google (or the satnav manufacturer.

I always obey the speed limit especially in heavy traffic - 100kph in this case driving near Stonehenge

Nice music.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 08:48 PM

The car went to be accessed for damage today. told needed new front bumper and lower grill, new chrome strip and new number plate , the guy puhed the bumper back to get it to fit better for a time.
At least it is driveable
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 09:19 AM

Like others, I've had a dashcam for many years.

You have to remember that "everything" gets recorded, including your speed, any conversation you were in the middle of, any swearing you did, plus the thing that can catch you out, did you remember to change the clock times, annually , as a wrong date/time can wreck your evidence!

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 09:50 AM

we have sound switched off and the time auto changes.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Like others, I've had a dashcam for many years.

You have to remember that "everything" gets recorded, including your speed, any conversation you were in the middle of, any swearing you did, plus the thing that can catch you out, did you remember to change the clock times, annually , as a wrong date/time can wreck your evidence!

True. I never went forward to BST.
Even so, if there is evidence of some wrongdoing on 'film'.
If that shows someone driving dangerously, I don't think the wrong time will allow them to get out of it.
Registration plates are more important than time, and if it's indicated as one hour behind the actual time, I'm sure they would accept my excuse if I apprised them of my time setting beforehand.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 11:12 AM

I think mine is still on.
Further to my last post, I think if a court hears me Fing and Blinding at an idiot will not negate the evidence. Some will actually find it quite funny too - an unintended overreaction!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 11:25 AM

I am not sure turning the sound off is a good idea. Number plates are not always clear at speed so reading them out loud ensures they are recorded with the video.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top